Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
15-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #21

Re: Why do people not like black cats?

Ive always liked black cats and have now got one, who is adorable (and cheeky!).

My auntie had a black kitten (20years ago) and I remember going over and looking at her for the first time, I had fallen in love with her she was soooooo cute. But sadly on her first time out on her own she got run over and killed, I was devastated (I must of been 5 yrs old at the time but it hit me like a tone of bricks!) Her name was Jess and I often think of her.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
16-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #22

Years ago I had a black cat, Nick. His mum was a Siamese, father unknown! He was a real character, very intelligent, and had huge Siamese ears.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
16-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #23

My first gorgeous puss (the one that started my lifelong love of all things feline) was pure black, glossy short hair. I have ever since harboured a sneaking preference for black cats, tho I have had/do also have black and white, tabby, tortie s,tabby/white s. Never had a pure white cat or a ginger as yet. I was determined to find another female black shorthair when Clara passed away but funnily ended up with a tabby female and a black long hair boy! (Max).

I thought it was only in Ireland and America that the black being bad luck if they cross your path superstition was believed. I actually was nt aware that black cats stay on the shelf longer than their counterparts, poor things. I would take them all home if I could ! Jan x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
17-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #24

I sooooooo hope it is supersticious as I am a single white female living in a 3rd floor flat with 5 solid blacks, one blk & white pain in the bum and a freskish baldie!

All the black ones get left at our rescue too... at one point our Mattishall branch had nothing but black cats available!!!

Hopefully me newbie will be Black too!