Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
13-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #21

Re: What makes you choose a certain breed of cat?

My Abyssinian is a complete flannel face-cloth. He's only wild to the lawn-flies.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19830

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
13-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #22

Well I've had various moggies over the years since I was knee high to a grasshopper and my current moggie has been with me a year and I chose her from the rescue because she was in a tough situation coming up 13 and not a cat everyone would want. I adored her on sight and she did a dance in the cage and that was that

She is part siamese and has all the appeal of their temprament but has the oldfashioned look which I prefer.

My first pedigree was Quando and I rehomed him from a friend - not because he was a ped but because I thought he would suit the household and Pousse.

Then having got one Selkirk I was hooked! They have the most amazing personalities IMO - they are fab because they are cuddly, will play for hours and are affectionate and chatty - in fact I don't think I have found any "dodgy" traits They make the best children's pets as well.

Now I have two selkirks I am even more hooked and I will definitely have more in the future

I do like other breeds but not many are calling out to me at the moment other than the Oriental Blacks - they are stunning although I prefer again the less typey ones

I do love character and temprament but I do have quite obvious aesthetic tastes and some breeds do nothing for me as I am quite sure Selkirks do nothing for some other people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #23

Thanks SO MUCH for linking these threads Hreow! I am in love truely, madly, deeply................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
14-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #24

Any reason to spread the Aby fame. Rover demands admiration He's supervising (ok, fast asleep) from my lap.