Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #21

Re: my husband rushed to hosp thurs night

How was he after your visit this evening Cathy?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
How was he after your visit this evening Cathy?
he was a bit sleepy, but who gets much sleep in hosp??i know i didnt. when i was there, but hes been moved to a side ward now hes not on a hi-depedancy bit now, and he can get up to go to the loo, baby steps at the moment, but getting there,
hes missing me, says its a long time inbetween visiting times,i try n sneek in a bit earlier LOL can do that now as hes not in front of the nurses station.
ill just be so glad when hes home, i miss him so much, ive got to change the sheets ect 2morrow, but i wont change charlies pillow as its got *his smell* on it

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #23

I'm pleased he's progressing well BM.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #24

So pleased there is improvement Cathy x

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #25

just rang the ward, the nurse spoke to charlie, and he said he was OK lol ive got loads of running around to do today, im going to try n get into the docs myself this morning,just not sleeping now, too much in my head.
also got to get charlie some PJs easier said than done, now if he wants a new cocktail dressm yep no probs, but as it it ill have 3 bus rides to get to a shop that MIGHT do them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #26

So glad to read Charlie is improving, glad to read he has been moved out of the high-dependacy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #27

I'm so very pleased to read that he's making progress. I was thinking about you last night Cathy, trying to put myself in the same scenario and I think quite frankly I'd be in peices. Full marks to you for keeping a cool(ish) head, at least for Charlie's sake.

An that's SO touching about the pillow . . . it's amazing how many things we take for granted about those closest to us.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I'm so very pleased to read that he's making progress. I was thinking about you last night Cathy, trying to put myself in the same scenario and I think quite frankly I'd be in peices. Full marks to you for keeping a cool(ish) head, at least for Charlie's sake.

An that's SO touching about the pillow . . . it's amazing how many things we take for granted about those closest to us.
i managed to get him some PJs so very fetching ones in blue and some stripey ones LOL
also got him some lynx smellies, he hasnt had a shower just a quick wash, so he can cover the tinky bits up at least LOL
ive been to the docs, after last nights rough night, so got soem zopiclone, will help me stay calm, been told dont get stressed easier said than done.
i bought us a gaurdian angel and put it in front of a piccy of charlie n myself. need all the help we can get.
yola i was in peices over friday and sat, the flat seems too quiet, i p[ut the tv on for ssome back ground noise. and i have some in-depth conversations with the cats, n the dog.
i gonna crack up when they ansa me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #29

Just do what you have to do to get through these difficult days Cathy. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Take the dog out at 3am if that's what you want to do.
One little tip. If you get yourself some Complan or similar from Boots etc, you can make yourself a 'milkshake' whatever time you fancy but if you have one of those a day (with some ice cream, or a banana or some berries in if you like, or make it with gold top milk) you'll get lots of vitamins etc and a good portion of all the nutrition you need each day. Then just eat whatever else you fancy - but eat. You and Charlie will have to (gently) lean on each other and take it easy together. Real Darby & Joan eh?
Take care x

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #30

great news, charlie should be home 2morrow, the docs are really pleased with his progress. and if he feels up to it, hes coming home it will be a slow progress but hes getting there.