Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #21

Re: Cat now has the runs

Pleased to hear everything is calm with Molly at the moment Carol, I hope it continues. What a pity she didn't take to the fish ........ looks like it will be a case of trial an error with her

Thanks for updating us ............ have a good New Year's Eve and a fabulous 2007!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #22

Sounding hopeful Carol! Fingers crossed.
Just a thought about the plain fish - I wonder if those Whiskas crunchy treat sprinkles would tempt her, if you popped some on the top of the fish? Can't think there's much in that to upset her.... but I may be wrong

Cats owned: 2 Domestic Shorthairs
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #23

Still no poos although Molly has been outside so she may have done one there. I have looked round the garden but can't see anything. She is still eating the "sensitive" biscuits and has had a little canned tuna, but not only will she not eat the fish but neither cat will eat the poultry HiLife either so the rest of the box will probably have to be given away. I will try DM's suggestion and put a few of their favourite biscuits on top of the fish. I know Molly would love a Felix pouch but she has one more day of medication and then I may try and gradually introduce it again when she has finished the tablets. I think it will just be trial and error and hopefully she can eat normally again soon. She has had about half of the worming treatment as the rest went on food she wouldn't eat so I will ring the vets in the morning to see if they suggest she has some more.

Poor Amber must be so confused as she hasn't had her normal food either for days. It is difficult to feed them different food.

Nevermind fingers crossed for a normal poo in the tray soon...........

Happy New Year everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #24

Poor you and the cats Carol. It's so infuriating when they wont eat what you put down for them isn't it. Sorry the HiLife didn't work. As you say, try the biscuit suggestion and if not, hopefully she will be able to tolerate her normal food again soon. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
02-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #25

Hi Carol

Wishing you a very warm welcome to Catsey and I do hope that Molly starts eating soon.

Sorry I can't offer any pearls of wisdom, but I am a novice when it comes to cats.

02-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #26

Hurray - at long last normal poos in the tray. I have never been happier to empty the tray - I am sure Alex fully understands!

Molly has had the last of her antibiotics this evening thank goodness. I phoned the vet about the fact that she had not had all her worming treatment and the vet was not over concerned. She also told me that the antibiotics are the same that are given to humans (they don't make them specifically for cats) so they taste particularly unpleasant which explains why Molly was so reluctant to have them. When she has had tablets in the past she has been pretty good.

She is out sitting on the shed now which is really unusual as she normally doesn't go out in the evening. Of course that may be because she is keeping away from her cruel nasty mum who forced the horrible tablets down her! She seems much happier but that may be down to getting her favourite Felix, I gave the girls a foil tray between them but Molly pushed poor Amber out of the way and practically ate the lot. I am sticking to the "sensitive" biscuits for a few more days as I don't want to overdo it with her.

Anyway I will give an update in a few days just to let everyone know how she is progressing. Fingers crossed all continues to go well - I certainly feel more confident now.

Thanks again to everyone for their support.

Carol
x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #27

Pleased to hear normality has resumed Carol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #28

Hurrah!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean Carol lol! My 3 didn't enjoy getting the metronidazole either, yet it's banana flavoured so I was told, strange things cats! Fingers crossed everything gets back to normal very quickly.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
04-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #29

Hello Carol!!

I'm sorry I've been slow in joining in on your thread and welcoming you to Catsey. I see that you've already had a warm welcome!!!

Glad to hear from your emails earlier that Molly is on the mend. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Love to you all.
Charlie
x

07-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #30

All is still going well. Although Molly did not have a temperature she must have felt poorly as she is like a new cat now. Lovely (!) proper poos in the tray and she is back on her full normal diet now which is great. She has always had a good appetite and seems very happy to be back on all her favourites.

Thanks to everyone again and good to hear from Charlie too.

Lol
Carol
x