Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #11

Re: Thundery Thursday

Hellooooo again. Got back just before teatime. Got a bit wet, but not too wet. Sudden showers that cleared up fairly quickly. Amazing sculpture and found out about an art organisation that I had never heard of before .... Red Earth. Will post something on a different thread. Have to admit to becoming a sculpture nut! Monty Bogle had wet paws, but otherwise did not need to be made to look like a little white towelling wriggly ghost of a pup

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #12

[quote=cats' staff;649539]I didn't get too wet but there were some spectacular showers which made the drive interesting. OH rescued me at the end of the day so I didn't have to cycle the 9 miles home.
Kazz, my Dad was ill some years ago and it totally knocked his confidence for a while. It took him a while to get it back as he wasn't used to his body letting him
down so it was a real shock.[
/quote]

My first reaction was to say that it is a guy thing, as my Dad was exectly the same. But on second thought, I think it's any one who's aways been super healthy, like me. Other than childhood illnesses and the rare cold, I was never sick, so when I suddenly came down all together with COPD, anemia and cancer I couldn't believe it and feel betrayed! How dare this be happening to me! Am I making sense?

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #13

I would think that shock may play a part .... if you have been super fit all your life and your body has never let you down, illness would be a huge shock and an affront. I, on the other hand have been "sickly" since a baby, so nothing much surprises me in the way of ill health. I hope I will get better, although I know that my COPD can only get worse. I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if I had been healthy, but do realise with humility that there are those much worse than I.

Old age and trying to adjust to the feelings that brings is a difficult adjustment to make and also feelings of guilt that I am not yet of retirement age and so therefore are not technically "old". I have huge respect for those who live young and go along without complaint.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #14

Angie, I'd say anger more than shock, and affront is the perfect word I was looking for, thanks! Technically old: good expression again, many are, but not emotionally/mentally. Why should you feel guilty? I don't quite follow your reasoning there ....

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #15

Well, it's just that I feel I should not actually be having "fear of getting old thoughts" when I am not yet officially old. Mind you the way the economy is going, I suspect no-one will be allowed to be old enough to retire which is a nonsense as it stops the natural progression of the young getting jobs.