Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #11

Re: Does your cat talk to you?

Tim is more vocal than Amber. He has a loud yowl , but i only have to look at him & he starts to purr. Hes very much my cat, one person cat

Amber has a little quiet short cry, never mistake what she wants tho - she can let you know very independent more so than Tim

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #12

Oh, the famous silent miaow! Leia is a past master (mistress) of that; does it frequently, usually accompanied by a small starving kitty face ... to indicate she is soooo weak from hunger that is the best she can do. Little con artists, and very skilled at manipulating us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
15-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #13

Dylan makes enough noise to wake the dead he never shuts up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, the famous silent miaow! Leia is a past master (mistress) of that; does it frequently, usually accompanied by a small starving kitty face ... to indicate she is soooo weak from hunger that is the best she can do. Little con artists, and very skilled at manipulating us.
Smudge does the poor, starving kitty too weak with hunger to make a noise routine! For added emphasis she will flop onto her side whilst mouthing 'meouw'. As well as her other nicknames she is sometimes referred to as 'Camille' or this is referred to as Smudge doing her Camille. She definitely channels Greta Garbo some days!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
15-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #15

Tiger has a whole range of litle noises as well as the silent miaow, especially when he's snoozing and I speak to him it's a whole "I'm so tired I can't even miaow" thing going on. Lester is quite vocal too and has a little brrr noise he uses to attract my attention, he used to use it to call to his sisters the breeder was telling me. Bless them both

Catsey Veteran

15-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Smudge does the poor, starving kitty too weak with hunger to make a noise routine! For added emphasis she will flop onto her side whilst mouthing 'meouw'. As well as her other nicknames she is sometimes referred to as 'Camille' or this is referred to as Smudge doing her Camille. She definitely channels Greta Garbo some days!
Oh, love that story! Perfect description, doing her Camille; I must tell Leia that the next time she displays her quite excellent acting skills. t isn't easy portraying a dying waif when you are 14 well padded pounds ..... a pity there are no kitty Oscars as it seems that our two would definitely be contenders.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #17

Shame ........... why don't we start our own? Award annually to the best story of cat acting ability?????

Catsey Veteran

15-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #18

Love that idea! What shall we call it: The Camille?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #19

Yes, thats a great name - just have to decide when ... But perhaps we should award the first Camille to Smudge???

Catsey Veteran

15-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #20

I'd go along with that, as she adds flopping on her side from weakness; Leia hasn't added that to her repertoire (sp?) yet!