Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #11

Re: Would it be cruel/unfair to make a kitten be an indoor only cat?

I've had indoor only cats for years. I think it's actually much more common here in the states for it to be suggested you keep your cats indoors, a good number of people do. Cats are very adaptable and my cats are very content being indoors. They will be fine provided you give them a suitable indoor environment.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
13-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #12

Re: Would it be cruel/unfair to make a kitten be an indoor only cat?

When I got George and decided that for various reasons he would have to be a house cat, I actually asked my vet if I was being cruel keeping him inside, when their natural instinct is to be outside. I was assured by the vet that it would not be detrimental to him at all. I must say though that I did end up getting him Milly about a month after. This was more because I felt guilty than because of any problems with him. As well as toys and things to entertain them, they also have each other to chase round lol