Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #11

Re: miserable wet Monday

Tink, i hope Cooper is alright and the side effects of your meds wear off. Also glad your Dad is ok .
Karen, hope your Dad goes on ok at his appointment.
Must be the year for Dads, mine is having terrible pain from his hips. It's only come on recently. he's waiting for some sort of injection in his groin that has to be given under a GA. He's wondering now whether he should scrap the injection and go straight on a list for hip replacement, very scary stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #12

Shelley, if the waiting list there is long I'd suggest he go on it. A friend had hip replacement surgery and it made all the difference in the world .... pain free walking, mobility again!

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Shelley, if the waiting list there is long I'd suggest he go on it. A friend had hip replacement surgery and it made all the difference in the world .... pain free walking, mobility again!
Thanks Eileen, will ring him and suggest that he asks how long the list is for surgery, if it's long then maybe he could go on the list and still have the injection as that is only a 6 week wait.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #14

Shelley, our next door neighbour has had both hips replaced and (I think) both knees too! She's out again walking the dogs. Mind she's quite fit and her muscles are good after years of horse riding.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Shelley, our next door neighbour has had both hips replaced and (I think) both knees too! She's out again walking the dogs. Mind she's quite fit and her muscles are good after years of horse riding.
Thanks Angie, he's in terrible pain with it. He's a very active man and used to walking miles with the dog. At the moment he's feeling very down with it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #16

Hi all... Busy day at work today - was only in the office for a max of an hour. Was good, but would quite like my bed now!!! No can do though, am at parents, and have guides this evening. Have to pull an evening on Tracking together - despite it being damp, and my only having the basic instructions of what means what for them. Hopefully with enough leaders... I could see it far enough though!

Oh well then.

Sorry to hear about your difficult day SHelley, it never rains but it pours... or at least, it feels that way.

Good to see you Cat's staff!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #17

Well home from the hospital all well he has to go back on 17th May 2012 all really good, saw a chap there who Dad recognised from having the same Op same time. Reunion corner.

Shelley my Aunt has just had a knee replacement and is going from strngth to strength already had the Op a month ago.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #18

Excellent news about your Dad, Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #19

glad everything went well for your Dad, Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment