Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #11

Re: tuesday greetings

OH has just been into town (Fleet) and came back to report that there's been a fatal accident in the High Street. A woman was knocked down by (OH thinks) a small post office van and died at the scene. The road has been blocked off to traffic and there are still loads of policemen in the area. Sadly there was also a tarpaulin covering something on the pavement and the emergency services were in the process of putting screens in place. I've just checked local news online and it seems the accident happened at 12.20pm. How sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #12

Hi people! Gloomy drizzly day, 17 C (63 F), but just so glad to be home in my own house and not in a hospital bed that I don't care! Incisions completely healed! Appetite still a bit ravenous after that awful bland food; having a nice crab curry for dinner. No news; but the dogwoods are in bloom, do you see many of them in the UK? The pink are lovely but I really prefer the white; mine is white.

Pamela, good luck on the interview! Angie, I like "Monty"; will think of the General rather that our conic strip character. Kazz, your dog-raising advice makes sense even to a non-dog person. Shelley, my desktop has completely turned off a few times all by itself, scaring the wits out of me! But it will reboot after a short wait; have never known why that happens. CM, I love the smell of freshly mown grass. MrsH, hope Morgan will be OK, haven't gotten to that thread yet.

Enjoy the day .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #13

I adore the smell of freshly mown grass to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #14

Kazz - all good advice. Didn't think about the sitting on the floor thing though I might have trouble getting up again!!! I do have a lot to learn and any advice is very welcome.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi people! Gloomy drizzly day, 17 C (63 F), but just so glad to be home in my own house and not in a hospital bed that I don't care! Incisions completely healed! Appetite still a bit ravenous after that awful bland food; having a nice crab curry for dinner. No news; but the dogwoods are in bloom, do you see many of them in the UK? The pink are lovely but I really prefer the white; mine is white.
Pleased to hear the incision has completely healed, Eileen and having a good appetite after your hospital experience is also a good sign.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #16

Quote:

Pamela, good luck on the interview! Angie, I like "Monty"; will think of the General rather that our conic strip character. Kazz, your dog-raising advice makes sense even to a non-dog person. Shelley, my desktop has completely turned off a few times all by itself, scaring the wits out of me! But it will reboot after a short wait; have never known why that happens. CM, I love the smell of freshly mown grass. MrsH, hope Morgan will be OK, haven't gotten to that thread yet.

Enjoy the day .....
Glad things are going well Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
19-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #17

evening all, in from work had my dinner, being naughty and going out to the ice cream van for crisps n choc!! im in one of those moods! ty's away back to mums, get to de-dog my house, oh the hairs! the old lady next door must have passed on, her house has been completely emptied so im a bit worried about the new neighbours!

how exciting about it almost being puppy time angie!!
glad your incisions healed up nice eileen, and munch away all you like!!
hope the interview went well today pamela!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Angie, I like "Monty"; will think of the General rather that our conic strip character.
Yes, I do think the breed looks like Generals in general!!! My Dad served under Field Marshall Montgomery in 8th Army, so it's sort of fitting.

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #19

LOL. I actually took a pic Friday of my incisions; then had second thoughts and decided that was a bit too much to share.....

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, I do think the breed looks like Generals in general!!! My Dad served under Field Marshall Montgomery in 8th Army, so it's sort of fitting.
Ooops, sorry I had his rank wrong; has been a long long time since WWII! But you knew who I meant

Our comic strip Monty is a nerd... quite a funny strip, actually.