Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Blue Bi-colour Ragdoll.
21-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #11

Re: Looking after a cat due to give birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That almost had me in tears ....... would it do any good to explain her nutritional needs, and that cows milk is NOT good for her? I suppose they won't listen........
I've tried, apparently she will be allright , right now I honestly don't know what to do, I live in a one bed flat with two dogs, so can't take her even if they would let me, this cat hates dogs, all I can think of though is that in three weeks I get to look after her, I don't know what will happen or anything, but hopefully she will be ok, I have to say I really don't hold out much hope for the kittens at this point, but I do hope that once this is over the cat is spayed and allowed to live a better life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet.Tears
I think you need to take the cat away from her in all honesty. That cat may not even survive the birth of the kittens.
Unfornatly because of my flat I can't take them, I might see if I can get hold of someone I use to live with though, when I was younger I lived with her and she was involved in rescueing cats, see what she says.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #12

The unthinking cruelty is so horrible .... apparently the "owner" doesn't realize what she's doing to the poor cat .... good luck in contacting the former flatmate, Chaz, maybe something can be worked out.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
21-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #13

Even if it was just temporary until she could be found a new home it would be so much better for her. I hope you get hold of your friend and I hope this little one survives her pregnancy. When Tiger was pregnant I allowed her to eat until she wasn't hungry anymore she'd have 2/3 bowls of food at a time and this was Hills science plan stuff so you could imagine how much i spent out on that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #14

What age is this little cat, is she just 6 months or so? Only a kitten herself. She sounds tiny & dainty like Amber. Poor little girl.

Catsey Junior

26-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
The unthinking cruelty is so horrible .... apparently the "owner" doesn't realize what she's doing to the poor cat .... good luck in contacting the former flatmate, Chaz, maybe something can be worked out.
I've tried and will keep on trying, hopefully this cat will be helped, and if nothing improves I've got to say I wouldn't be surprised if this cat goes missing when I'm looking after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet.Tears
Even if it was just temporary until she could be found a new home it would be so much better for her. I hope you get hold of your friend and I hope this little one survives her pregnancy. When Tiger was pregnant I allowed her to eat until she wasn't hungry anymore she'd have 2/3 bowls of food at a time and this was Hills science plan stuff so you could imagine how much i spent out on that.
This poor cat actually pushed the bigger one out of the way of food the other day, which she is normally nervous around it, and ate about 1.5 pouches of whiskers before it was taken off of her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
What age is this little cat, is she just 6 months or so? Only a kitten herself. She sounds tiny & dainty like Amber. Poor little girl.
From what I know she's under a year old, but I'm not sure of the exact age, but I have managed to get some photos of her to show people, I'm a bit of a camera geek so they didn't see anything wierd about me taking pics of her in the garden, I'll just do another post in a min when their loaded.

Catsey Junior

26-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #16

Heres a few pics of her, I've tried to show her condition in them, but as she has a good coat, its a bit hard, but I've done what I can, I'm sure that the owner right now feels that there is a angel and devil on her shoulder about this cat, as I'm telling her one thing, and her friend, whose cat is also pregant, and apparently been leaking milk for the last two weeks (does that alarm anyone else, when I heard I said to them that she should be giving birth anyday now, two weeks later she's still leaking, and no vets have been called or anything), but her friends telling her that the more that she picks the cat up, feels the babies and stuff the more she will want her owner around at the birth, that she will be ok with what she's on, and also that her back end is how it is just because cats go like that when they've been mated , anyway heres the pics, I've edited a few to make them more saturated I think it was (if I remember right) to try and make it more clearer.

Heres just her face, just to show you the pretty girl,

SDC11040 by Charlie Jade, on Flickr

This one had the colours changed a bit by saturation, but you can see her belly, but if you look by her back leg you can see the hip bone, with that little lump (not sure what else their called).

SDC11066 by Charlie Jade, on Flickr

Saturated again, this is a close up of her back end, to see what I mean about it, but I'm not sure how clear it is, as I've seen her in real life, but when you feel her spine its also very bad too.

SDC11105 by Charlie Jade, on Flickr

A bit further away, again I'm not sure how clear it would be to someone whose not seen her though.

SDC11108 by Charlie Jade, on Flickr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #17

Shes young, reminds me of Amber, poor little girl.

Shes very pretty & yes can see the hip bones. When theyre immature these early pregnancies ravage their bodies. Theyre still growing, developing & maturing themselves & now having to share that with developing foetus's.

Would it help Chaz if you took them extra food to give to the wee mum-to-be?

Catsey Junior

26-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Shes young, reminds me of Amber, poor little girl.

Shes very pretty & yes can see the hip bones. When theyre immature these early pregnancies ravage their bodies. Theyre still growing, developing & maturing themselves & now having to share that with developing foetus's.

Would it help Chaz if you took them extra food to give to the wee mum-to-be?
Tbh its not they that they don't have enough cat food, or that they can't afford it, they have just brought a 48 pack of meat, and have plenty of biscuits, they can do it, but they don't want to, but I'm really getting on them, that I think that the owner is realising that what she is doing is wrong, but I've got to try and overide the other person who thinks that its all fine. I would give them extra food aswell, but I don't really at this point want them relying on me for everything, but am trying to show them what actually needs to happen for the benefit of their poor cat.