Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
31-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #11

Re: Cat Dandruff???

Did the lint rollers work well? Never thought of using them but I guess with my Persians it may pull a bit!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #12

Sorry, didn't explain that very well! I used the lint roller daily to clean Merlin's bedding, to get rid of eggs and larvae. I would have used a flea comb, but Merlin was too old and thin at that stage and it would have hurt him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
31-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #13

Thank goodness for that as I had a pic in my head of you rolleriing poor Merlin.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lealea4435
Hi, i recently noticed that my cat has really bad flakey dandruff at the base of her back near to her tail.. on closer inspection there were a large amount of black bits (looks like flea eggs) even thou the cat was recently treated with frontline all her skin around this area had thick flakes of skin and some small cuts with fresh blood on them. my cat wont let anyone touch this area of her back and often either bites herself or who ever is touching her when you get close to the area... I searched the rest of her and there are no other eggs nor fleas... not sure if this is related but she has had some behavioural problems in the past few months of poo-ing and wee-ing in places other than her litter tray especially on towels if left lying round?
any help would be appreciated

Have you had her to the vets? if this has been going on for a while and she has been having issues with the litter tray could she have been bitten? The base of the tail is a very commen site for cat bites and if she has been sore or has inflamation from infection it might explain her unusual toileting.
If she has open cuts I suggest a trip to the vets to get to the 'bottem' of this.

Cats owned: mixed breed tabby/white
15-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #15

We recently got a new cat, mixed breed from a homing centre, had similar, scabs on her back , always scratching/grooming, scabs where she couldnt reach even, treated her for fleas, frontline, twice over a few weeks, she doesnt go out, then started to add cod liver oil , just a few drops to her food everyday and over 2 months it seems to have cured it, no scabs at all now, and she stopped the scratching too. May work for humans too, you can buy it in bottles with a drip top, lasts months.