Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #11

Re: Memorial Locket?

I wish I'd thought of keeping a bit of fur to to that before my babies were buried in the garden ,,,,,,,,,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #12

Thanks for this thread, I would never have thought of a locket....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
21-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabsie
I'm so sorry for your loss also, I know what you mean about the worst pain, I feel the same. Tabitha was also my soul mate. I will let you know how I get on with putting the fur into the locket, I will probably post a picture. I also want to wear the locket all the time, so I feel that Tabitha is always with me, so I understand that you want it to be the right one for you x
Thankyou, the pain is almost unbareable isnt it? i say almost only because we have the other kitties to pull us through this, i dont know what i ever done without all my boys. well actually i do and it was a living hell at times until they came into our lives, i have alot to thank Raven and the others for. I am sorry you are going through the same pain though Il look forward to seeing your piccie, do you know when you will be getting it back from the jewellers?

I think i may end up getting the locket from argos that i saw, i did really like it, my only concerns were if the fur would fit ok and if we would be able to put an inscription on it, but i guess i can always return it if i cant do either of those things. As i said i shall certainly update when i have made a decision or got something. I have so many ideas of things to do and get to remember him, like getting a canvas done of my favourite photo of him(my avatar) and i saw a wooden photo frame on ebay that is a memorial one and they put the name and then an inscription of your choice on the side of the photo, and i thought about getting the lyrics to a song that reminds us of him i just wish so bad that i wasnt having to do all these things for the reason i am. all i want is him back with us its so hard thinking that this time last week he was here with us and we were cuddling with him

Catsey Senior

21-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Thanks for this thread, I would never have thought of a locket....
No need for thanks, its a shame that so many of us need them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #15

I can understand how you feel, losing 2 of mine last year really hurts,I will never stop missing them, but am learning to cope with it....and no matter how many times we go through it the hurt is always the same....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
21-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #16

I know, I have shed so many tears, I want her back so much, I cant believe that I will never play with her again or watch her having fun in the garden, she gave me so much happiness, I would'nt change a minute of the time we had together. I am the same as you searching for things to remember her by. I should get my locket back with engraving on on wednesday, so I will try to find a way to secure the fur in and hopefully take a picture next week. Hopefully the pain will ease for us both so we can look back on our memories with a smile x

Catsey Senior

26-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #17

I've ordered a canvas of my fave photo of Raven this evening(my avatar). Its saying it will take a couple of weeks until it arrives, i just hope that its perfect when it does. Im hoping to get my locket soon too.

Did you get your locket back yet Tabsie? im hoping it came back just as you wanted it.

I hate that so many know what this pain feels like, but im also comforted in a way knowing we arent the only ones going through this. i keep going over so many things in my head, like should i have done things differently, was it my fault? the vet said no one would have done anything differently but you cant help torturing yourself with those thoughts. it just feels like our family is incomplete. I miss him so much I feel guilty for still not having wrote his obituary, but i havent been able to bring myself to do it yet, or to look properly through the hundreds of photos that we have of the cats. Ive promised myself i will do it on saturday-its my Dad's anniversary then so its already going to be a hard day, and il be collecting Raven's ashes that day too along with Rosalie's ashes-she is one of our mice who passed on just a few days before we lost Raven and we havent even had a chance to grieve for her properly Now one of our other mice is very poorly I absolutely love all animals, i connect more with animals then i do with most humans, but the worst thing ever is losing them

If we didnt have the other boys right now i just dont know what i would do. Hernie has became my shadow since Raven got his wings, and i am so glad of it because I feel lonely enough with Raven not around i feel so horrible saying that when i have three other gorgeous boys and lots of other little furry family members, but me and Raven had such a strong bond

I wasnt supposed to be using this thread for my feelings, i just cant help it, i feel so lost without him. I do know hes still here though, i can feel his spirit in each of the boys and i know if he wasnt still here i wouldnt have been as strong as i have these last couple of weeks. Even now he is helping me through the hardest time of my life

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #18

"I wasnt supposed to be using this thread for my feelings"

Oh JB, why do you say that, of course it's OK to discuss them; many many of us have been thru it and can share your sorrow. It does help in a way to know those reading understand. It did with me when Patches went.
Post as often as you feel the need to, please. (((hugs)))

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
26-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #19

having been through this in the last 12 months i can say that it helped me immensely to be able to "vent" on here...and its not just immediately after the loss... there are anniversaries...birthdays... and other days that are hard for no other reason apart from the fact that your fur baby is gone

one of the problems of being a cat lover is that lots of people dont share your love of cats.... they dont understand what its like when you lose one... to those people... they are "just a cat" if you haven't heard them already you may hear things like... "dont worry... you can just get another one" or "why are you so upset... its not like it was your child"
things like this are hurtful and unfortunately can go with the territory of being owned by a cat..
Here we all love our cats as much (in some cases more than) our children if we have them...
We understand the level of grief that you are enduring because we've been there too.....I think its important to be able to have confidence that you wont ever be judged on your feelings by posting them on Catsey

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
26-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #20

I agree, don't ever feel bad about using this thread or any other thread for your feelings, everyone understands. I do know exactly how you feel, I too am going through all the guilt (should I have done things differently, should I have noticed something sooner, did I let her go too soon) but I think this is a normal part of grieving. I too have two other cats, so don't feel bad about the bond you shared with Raven. The bond I had with Tabitha was very strong. I love my other cats but I don't mind saying that what I had with Tabitha was extra special. I did get my locket back on Wednesday, I chose a photo to go into it last night (lots of tears) I will try and take a picture of it over the weekend. I hope your canvas comes back okay, when you feel ready you will have to put some photos of Raven on catsey.