Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal, Tortie Moggie
24-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #11

Re: Spaying question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
She'll be fine. You need a cup of tea or some Rescue Remedy to see you through until you get the call to go and pick her up.
Thats a great idea!! *goes to put kettle on*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #12

Please let is know how she is when she gets home.

Catsey Junior

24-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #13

I have just got home with Rogue. She was completey out of it when i picked her up. She HATES her buster collar! I think its the smallest one going and its still too big for her!
I was expecting them to have made an incision on her belly but they have done it on her side? Have been given anti biotics to give her too....I feel sorry for her but its quite comical watching her bashing into things and walking backwards trying to get away from the collar...poor lil girl....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #14

Poor girlie - some vets do side incisions, some underneath. She will be feeling the side effects of the anaesthetic. Do try to keep the collar on so she won't worry her stitches. Does she have a further appointment for post op or to have stitches out - guess they may be the dissolving sort nowadays? Glad she's home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #15

Glad she's home. My Misty used to walk backwards when she had a collar on too!

Hope she makes a full recovery. Make sure Logan doesn't 'groom' her stitches, sometimes they'll even nibble them out especially if they usually groom each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #16

Good to hear she is home, she will get used to the collar....

Catsey Junior

05-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #17

We woke up this morning and Rogues wound was weeping. I called the vet and we are taking her in in about half an hour. She didnt eat her breakfast either. I think its obvious she has an infection...we gave her the anti-biotics like instructed, although we were only given 1 weeks worth. The only time she has had her collar off was to eat and so that we could scratch her neck for her...am worried.... good wishes please for our baby girl....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
05-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #18

good that she's going to the vet.. it could be something as simple as single hair that has provided a conduit from the outside to the inside of the wound and has caused a small localised infection..... in any case im sure the vet will sort it out quick smart... keep us informed of how you're getting along.....get well soon Rogues!

Catsey Junior

05-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #19

I feel like such a bad cat mum, She has an infection, we've been given more anti biotics for her and hoepfully that will make her better. She really isnt herself, she hasnt eaten at all today and normally she is screaming at us for food. She is just laying in her bed looking sorry for herself....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #20

dont feel bad... these things happen...AND you took her to the vet when it mattered... so you've done all you could...did the vet give her an antibiotic injection to boost her along? or not?
did the vet take her temp to make sure she isn't running a fever?
one day without food is ok... make sure you have some on offer in case she is hungry later on...but make sure she has water.. if she isn't inclined to drink then pop some water on her paws and she will lick it off