Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: non pedigree
nomadicbry is Male
30-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #11

Re: Kitten seems unwell

my partner took her so I didn't have the chance to question or challenge the vet myself but she said that raw meat contains a number of additives ie intensive famed animals and everything that goes along with modern industrial farming which are not good for the cat now as far as i understand cat food is what we don't want to feed humans and has even more additives so not quite sure of her argument if I was to be honest it seemed a gut reaction (excuse the pun) than a medically informed argument however i wasn't there so I don't know. I reckon the kitten ate a bit of meat that had been lying out to long. However we're back to the kitten food for now and I'll start giving her some raw again slowly to watch her reaction to the different types and will not leave it lying around. Basicaly I'm not convined a raw diet is not a healthy diet as long as it's balanced and covers all the dietry needs
however my partner is more respectful of authority and I respect her authority haha so that's the kitten on the cat food. the de-worming probably helped as well just glad she's better and back to her old self if I was to be honest

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #12

Re: Kitten seems unwell

Glad your kitten is back to normal. Just have to say that whatever you may decide to feed your adult cat, kittens grow and develop at an amazingly quick rate and I personally would not want to potentially compromise her health. I do appreciate your views on cat food ingredients though.