Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
21-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #11

Re: PS......

1 hour to go!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #12

Well? Have you got your little star home yet??

Hope he's settling in well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #13

Oh - can't wait for photos of Quinn ................... mighty or mini, don't mind ..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #14

(Mags foot-tapping little man icon) We're waiting ...........

Catsey Junior

22-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #15

He's home & yep.... totally lush!!!

Got home with him @ 08.15 this morning & let him sit in the carrier in the kitchen whilst The Tribe had a good snout! I went round the flat & fed Twiglet (the foster) and had a good clear up as you do.... Quinn was fine until Sexy-Sullivan-Funny-Wrinkles (my baldie) looked in and he nearly pooped himself!!! But understandable I guess!!!

Then took him through to the bedroom and let him loose... after meeting RigbyBigBear again and Bear simply looking bemused... he had a mad 5 mins, ate some brekki and then curled up on the pillow next to me while I read my book! He stayed there most of the day... so he has eaten, been subjected to the Tribe & settled his new sleeping spot... just no use of the litter tray yet!!

Have put a smaller tray down for him in the hall, my guys have several massive hooded/flapped ones which then stand inside one of those huge under the bed plastic boxes so (allegedly) less litter gets tracked about! I thought these maybe a bit daunting and hard for him to clamber into hence the smaller lipped one I usually use in the foster cages! I also use a very good litter - Ultimate Innovation cat litter consists solely of solidified silica gel. This cat litter is not harmful to either cats or humans, even if swallowed. It contains no crystalline silica and no chemicals. It is completely inert and is made only from natural ingredients: silica sand, oxygen and pure water.
Ultimate Innovation Cat Litter stops odour totally, is highly absorbent, tracks-less, is earth friendly, virtually dust free, non-clumping and represents exceptional value for money.
Ultimate Innovation Cat Litter is imported and distributed throughout the UK by Crystal Clear Pet Products Ltd especially for multi-cat owners, breeders, catteries and various cat rescue groups.
The large multi-cat environment can now benefit from the long lasting, low maintenance, time saving, "Tracks-Less" and odour-free ultimate innovation cat litter
(it's really good - get mine from a great company in Norfolk called Pet Provisions & they deliver too!) but it is a bit different from normal litter as it looks like crystals so doesn't smell... thought this might cause issues for Quinn so have shown him the small tray, put him in the small tray and tried getting one of the others to demonstrate but they were most unhelpful....

So have kept him in the back half of the flat with litter tray, food, water and toys and fingers crossed!!!!

Photos will follow shortly... of Quinn & rest of Feline Tribe!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #16

Aw bless him, glad to hear that he and the tribe are settling well together.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #17

Super news that there have been no introductory eruptions!! I'm sure the litter tray will come in time, I understand it's quite common for cats to 'hold' when they're a bit uncertain of their surroundings.

Very much looking forward to pictures of all your fluff family (and the baldie - especially him )!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #18

Little Quinn seems to be settling nicely! Await pics!

Catsey Junior

23-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #19

I am sooooooo pleased!

I know I boast a bit and of course my Feline Tribe are perfect but I am really proud of the way they are treating Quinn.... I'm not saying they are all totally blaze about it, of course they aren't but they are adjusting... minimum 6 months though!!!!!

They are used to 'odds & sods' coming & going so they probably get more practise then most cats... Bear is never really bothered I think, due to his size, he is pretty secure in his position of top cat Dawson just can't be bothered to make a fuss and Sullivan keeps looking at all newbies as possibly food sources (not the cat/kitten themselves... well I'm pretty sure not! ) but he always manages to steal their food even from inside cages!! And as Quinn is on kitten food which Sulli, as such a fat lard bucket IS NOT ALLOWED, so am feeding Quinn in the back for now!

Now photos.... and you can thank Pe Pe Po Pap de Porter de Purr for this.... managed to get several nice photos today of all but SashaBella PsychoHussey on my fab new mobile phone..... however had to leave it to charge when I went back to bed (on nights at mo!) and stupidly left it charging in lounge and yep.... you guessed it... Ports decided he wasn't happy with the photos of him (i assume) and chewed through the cable... this is also the cable needed to upload the photos to the laptop ....

They will have their ruddy photos on this site if it kills me!!!