Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
15-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #11

Re: Mackerel is missing AGAIN!!!

My brother phoned before and said He's put up posters and has phoned around all the local vets but nothing.

Then yesterday a woman rang him and said her daughter saw a ginger cat run across the main road and get knocked down, then there was a crowd of people around the cat but she doesn't know what happened next whether they just left it or what. My Bro is gonna ring the council soon and see if they can help (I highly doubt it!) The cat had white feet like Mackerel but had no collar on, Mackerel had lost about 10 collars in 5 months, so I don't know.

But the cat got knocked down on Monday 13th, Mackerel went missing on Thursday 9th...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #12

Oh I hope not Janey. Poor cat, whether or not it was Mackerel. But I hope your brother can find out one way or the other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #13

Oh Janey I hope it wasn't Mackerel also..... fingers still crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #14

Oh Janey - I hope he gets word one way or the other very soon.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
16-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #15

Oh dear Janey, I do that poor ginger cat wasn't Mackerel and that he turns up again soon, it's so worrying when they go missing isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby Cat
Oh dear Janey, I do that poor ginger cat wasn't Mackerel and that he turns up again soon, it's so worrying when they go missing isn't it?

Yeah it is. When my brother hears the cat flap going he jumps up and is sort of disappointed as its not Mackerel but Tiddles! Not that they dont love Tiddles but they just want Mackerel back, its been a week now.

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #17

Miracles do happen, look at Chester and Maxwell!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #18

Jane - so sorry to be reading this so late. I hope Mackerel is found soon, and safe and healthy with it!

Did you brother go to where the cat was hit? Did he look around for any clues as to whether it was Mackerel or not? If it were me I think I'd like to know one way or the other just for some peace of mind.

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #19

I do so agree with that; if it is bad news, well, that's awful, but at least you have closure. To this day I don't know what happened to my childhood cat, or to Onyx ......

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Did you brother go to where the cat was hit? Did he look around for any clues as to whether it was Mackerel or not? If it were me I think I'd like to know one way or the other just for some peace of mind.
Yeah he went and had a look but there was nothing. There was a shop on a corner where it happened but they dont know anything.

I cant really see that cat being Mackerel as Mackerel is so scared of cars and loud noises (he runs a mile when the door bell rings)

It was a year ago Mackerels brother got killed by a car (over in Ireland where he lived)

Its horrible not knowing as you say its better knowing whats happened so we can grieve and move on if anything terrible has happened to him.