Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #11

Re: New kitten - safety

Another idea, although perhaps messy also: cats dislike the smell of citrus so they say ....maybe rub a slice of orange or lemon along the wires/cables???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #12

Never had a puppy or kitten chew or attempt to chew through wires...so I am a bad owner too........I just let them get on with it, and try to correct what I don't want when it happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Another idea, although perhaps messy also: cats dislike the smell of citrus so they say ....maybe rub a slice of orange or lemon along the wires/cables???
The Crittercord is impregnated with citrus Eileen - which is what made me think it would be a brilliant idea. Now I have seen on another forum via Google search that it doesn't work for Jack Russells, but that's not to say it wouldn't work for cats.

I'll see if I can find out anything about crab apple oil.

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #14

I think it was on here I read about the citrus...someone's cats were peeing in the large indoor planters and there was a suggestion to put orange peels there to deter them. Hopefully, new kitty will not be a cord chewer! But the offer is still good if you want me to order here.

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #15

Thanks for your kind offer Eileen - I'll bear that in mind.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
14-07-2009, 05:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I think it was on here I read about the citrus...someone's cats were peeing in the large indoor planters and there was a suggestion to put orange peels there to deter them. Hopefully, new kitty will not be a cord chewer! But the offer is still good if you want me to order here.
yeah orange peels are supposed to be a good deterent for areas that you dont them to go into.. like indoor pot plants... etc... as for cats chewing wires.. none of my others have ever done it...
mind you.... Harri has done heaps of stuff that no other cat i've ever had or known has done... if there is mischief to be had... she's there... i keep looking through her fur to see if she has 666 on her skin somewhere... she is certainly a little devil!

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #17

I suspect it's her "gingeriness"!

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
yeah orange peels are supposed to be a good deterent for areas that you dont them to go into.. like indoor pot plants... etc... as for cats chewing wires.. none of my others have ever done it...
mind you.... Harri has done heaps of stuff that no other cat i've ever had or known has done... if there is mischief to be had... she's there... i keep looking through her fur to see if she has 666 on her skin somewhere... she is certainly a little devil!
I'm sure it's on the skin of those horrible destructive squirrels~

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #19

Here's the link to Crittercord, in case anyone is interested. It sounds just the right thing. I just wish I could find someone who has used it and found out whether it works for cats or not.