Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #11

Re: Lainey is poorly

Hope you does her thing for the vet tomorrow Tink... it can be a real pain when you take them and they just sit there as if to say..."nothing wrong here"...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #12

Update-it's not serious!
Lainey has an irritated trachea and swollen lymph nodes from seasonal allergies.
The doc listened long and hard to her heart and lungs and all is clear. No fever and she hasn't lost any weight either. Since I'm gonna be there again on Thursday for Baby Bear and Annie's appointment, he said to watch her in the interim and if symptoms persist he'll prescribe an anti-inflammatory for her but for now it seems to be going away on it's own.
I was really impressed as this is not her normal doctor. Lainey decided she did not like him pressing on her throat so she nipped quicker than lightning and next thing you know blood is trickling down his hand. I apologized profusely and he laughed it off and just stepped out for a band aid so he wouldn't bleed on her, LOL. Then he proceeded to tell her how cute she was. He went to take her temperature and was like "Oh, wow I haven't seen a ferret that wasn't descented till now" hahaha...So now I know for a fact that if Dr. Monroe is out again I am comfortable with him so that is reassuring..I really do love that office.
My poor OH had to get up early to drive me and was really cranky and had an "I told you so" look on his face when we left. Yes, I'm a paranoid ferrent. Maybe I'll cook him a nice dinner tonight to make up for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
09-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #13

So pleased the news was good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #14

Happy to hear Lainey is okay! You are a great ferrent Tink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #15

Delighted that it wasn't serious, Tink. I can imagine the smug look on K's face...hope you do fix him a lovely dinner! I didn't know that ferrets got seasonal allergies...but I didn't know cats did either until I had one who did.

And it's cool that the other vet is excellent and one you're equally comfortable with.