Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #11

Re: Update on Dylan

Poor Dylan- hope he is better soon. The collars are usually designed to open or come off if they do get caught up.
Give him chin tickles from me and my lot when he comes home and Smudge suggests that rabbits don't tend to fight back as much as rats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #12

You could always get Borderdawn up to do some ratting with the dogs for you.
How the heck did he manage to burst his wound open again? Poor fella.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #13

Oh poor Dylan. I hope his wound fully heals 2nd time around. I think that collar needs to stay on this time . . . when my old Ferdy had one on he used to walk into doors all the time. Eventually got used to it Worst thing was when he started scratching in the night - it made a real racket and this was when Dominik was a tiny baby - thankfully it never woke him

Mexy? The rabbits up near our office are all riddled with it The poor things are like zombies and at times will sit in the road and just get mashed by the cars. So sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Today Dylan's back at the vets He's been to the vets, had his stitches out but this afternoon the wound split open so he's gone back to the vets overnight

He used to wear a collar but after he started climbing trees I thought it safer if he stopped wearing it (didn't want him hanging himself on a tree branch)

You can get breakaway safety collars for just that reason. So sorry to hear that he's back at the vets; how is the world did the poor boy manage to have his would re-open?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #15

What a shame - poor boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
19-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #16

We think the wound was stitched up too tight so when the stitches came out it causd the wound to split open again
He's coming back tomorrow, we had to ask a neighbour to take us to the vets that time (no transport - brother was using it for something else and was away before the wound split open)

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
You could always get Borderdawn up to do some ratting with the dogs for you.
How the heck did he manage to burst his wound open again? Poor fella.
The rats round here are huge If Dylan can't cope with one I'm sure even the largest of the dog breeds would be hard pushed to kill them

The council do come round with rat poison, which kills off some of the rats, problem is the rats live in the garage of a neighbour and she knows about them but is taking no steps herself to remove them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #18

What a shame, have you or anyone discussed that with the neighbor? They're a health hazard.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #19

bad news that Dylans wound has re opened...hopefully it heals up properly this time..i had a bad time of it with Tinkys wound pre amputation... not healing.. so i know how much of a pain it can be... was it just a small portion that opened up or all of it?

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What a shame, have you or anyone discussed that with the neighbor? They're a health hazard.
She's been like it since our family cat Smudge was around. We've tried speaking to her but she doesn't seem to think they are her responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
bad news that Dylans wound has re opened...hopefully it heals up properly this time..i had a bad time of it with Tinkys wound pre amputation... not healing.. so i know how much of a pain it can be... was it just a small portion that opened up or all of it?
The whole lot and it started bleeding every time he moved We bandaged it up temporarily - took us 4 hours with Dylan swearing every second of it at the bandage