Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
19-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread ~ Blue Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I did mine in 2 stages; daytime first with nightime nappies and then once fully confident (Domi not me) he decided when he would be dry at night. It made it far less stressfull for all of us . . .
That's what we did. She is still in night time nappies but refuses to wet them and insists she uses the toilet. So she has become dry day and night in one.

I can't tell her off as its a good thing really but um thinking of putting my duvet on the bathroom floor tonight!!!

Ange. Hooray for Merlin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #12

Good afternoon! I've been on night shift and it was a rainy blowy night too! Nice to snuggle down in a warm bed this morning. Glad to see all the sickly or fusspot cats are getting back to eating well again as for me I'm starving ( with intent) so I'm even beginning to like the sound of cat pate and boiled fish!
Hope Dom's foot prob can be sorted Yola, must be very uncomfortable.
have a good day all; don't believe all you hear in the papers about the Blues today, think postive thoughts.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
19-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #13

Hi all! Hectic day for me so far, but looks like it may settle down now! Had a heck of a time trying to get son out the door for college this morning (can't exactly physically force him out the door as he's 6'2"!) because of the rain.....he must think he was going to melt or something!

Bathroom sink got blocked and some idiot (might have been me) left the tap dripping, so had a flooded bathroom! Was cleaning out and repapering kitchen shelves, put my set of 4 glass mixing bowls on the counter.......and managed to send them crashing to the floor within about 5 minutes.....oops!

Back to doctor tomorrow with son for his infected toe.......been 3 weeks of appointments every few days now as it isn't getting better! He's complaining about having to spend too much time at the doctor's office so I offered to chop the toe off for him and solve the problem......he didn't go for that!

Guess the day can only get better, right!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #14

Afternoon all. Just back from a days dogwalking, it's been chucking it down all day but i wasnt miserable, I quite like walking in the rain provided I have all the appropriate clothing on . Feeling a little shivvery now though.
What a blooming job I am having with the people who are re-signing my van. Took more than a week of phone calls for them to actually book the van in for me, it's due in tomorrow, now it's taking them another week to give the price. Have been calling them every day for the last two weeks and it's doing my head in. Every time i talk to some one they say, is it just the back doors that need doing? No, I keep telling them, it's the back doors and the whole of the drivers side. I have also been asking them to email me the logo so I can get my business cards to look the same as the van and again they say yes but nothing happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #15

Yell at them Elaine. You're the client and they are bang out of order!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #16

Hi, all. Cloudy with occasional flurries, but not as cold as recently, -2 degrees now. Good to have the central heating working again. Went to Whole Foods for today and tomorrow's things; with the Inauguration tomorrow traffic will be impossible; streets sure to be gridlock all the way to the Beltway. They're expecting crowds of 2.5 million to be here! Hope all goes well on this historic occasion; will watch at home.

Sorry the weather is mostly wet, hope all the poorly people and pusses feel better and that it won't be a Blue Monday for all of us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Yell at them Elaine. You're the client and they are bang out of order!!

Done.
The logo they have emailed me though is gonna be unusable for business cards etc though. Bloody idiots.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #18

Hiya all had a great day at work really have. Been cold here but nothing horrible.
Took Sal out just and waited till I got the furthest point from home on my walk and the heavens opened some sort of sleet/rain/cold/horrible/shivery combination.....YUK.....Got home and had to jump in the shower, and leave Sal to be towelled dry.

Hope everyone has had a good day. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
19-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #19

Evening everyone.
What a day, im goosed! Was in work for 6am till 2pm was well busy. Came home (in the snow, yay!) then went to my friends to meet my first goddaughter for the first time, she's so cute and tiny (Makes me want to have one lol!) I will post pics in a bit.

Ive gotta take everything out of my room tonight as I am gettin a new carpet on Wednesday. Ughhhh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #20

More sad news today. I discovered the landlord of the village pub where our office is, died just before new year of menigitis His immune system was compromised as he suffered from Lupus, but he was such a warm, lovely, friendly Canadian chap who, together with his Japanese wife made a fantastic success of running a traditional English country pub. We went there on a weekly basis and I have to admit I will miss Jeff; great chap.

Jane - babies are lovely . . . when you can hand them back to their Mum and Dad. When they're with you 24/7 they might still be lovely; but it's only sometimes