Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #11

Re: Daily/Tuesday...

It was a cold and frosty start to the morning here but now it's a beautiful sunny day..

Cassie is curled up on a sunny part of the carpet enjoying the rays.. the sun will soon be round to reach her favourite chair, then she'll be up there in a flash!

Have been out shopping this morning, Sainsbury's appear to have loads of offers on lately......good time to stock up! More leaf clearing is called for later ...... my acer is now bare, not a leaf left anywhere...

Stay warm people...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
28-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #12

Mmmmm! Just had a bowl of lovely warm, home-made soup.
Perfect lunch for a chilly day like today, off into work now.
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #13

I've some soup finishing cooking too
Just been out with the dog. It's lovely. I was actually overdressed with my hat and gloves. The house is nice and warm too - the heating went off at 8 and I thought I would have to put it back on or light the fire but no - sun is pouring in and we are toasty. Dinah is in her bed outside, leaning against the warm wall!

Donna how are you? and how did you get on at the hospital yesterday?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #14

We have white out conditions at the mo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #15

Dear me! I think I ought to take back what I said about the Daily Mail headline on Saturday last. Seems it has come to pass! First frost here this morning. Very glad that I wrapped the tree fern up yesterday. Also we cleaned all the bird feeders and filled and put them up yesterday. I've filled another couple and put them out today and made some fat blocks for later on. Already had a nuthatch visiting one of the feeders and a sparrowhawk took one of our lovely collar doves on the back lawn. Wonderful to see the hawk, but felt so sorry for the dove.

Merlin has eaten some more chicken (he'll start clucking soon). I have ordered some sardines in tomato sauce, some more chicken and some squirty cream with my Tesco's order today. Already have salmon, tuna, sardines in oil and corned beef.

Looking for recipes for cat friendly gravy - anyone? Just a bit confused about what sort of stock cubes are best to use - sorry I refuse to boil bones etc for hours to make my own! Chicken stock is fine, but we used all that up!!!

Hope everyone stays warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #16

Afternoon all. Bloody freezing my pimples off here. Just about to go get ready to go out again to my cleaning job.
Probably wont be on tonight, going to see the cockateils and their owners as i am looking after them friday and saturday. Need to see how the wild one is getting along and let Harvey and Nix kknow that I havent forgot them.
Hope every one is well xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #17

SNOW already! How awful!! It's very cold here, 9 degrees, cloudy and a very blustery wind, although we may get some sun to warm up the house later...... Wore gloves for the first time this season on the way to the market. How I miss those 27 degree days! For two nights running now, Leia has gone downstairs and knocked over one of the canisters of her dry food on the counter...and proceeded to stuff herself...naughty girl! No wonder she was picky at breakfast...I shall foil her tonight, however, will put them in the cupboard behind doors...I don't want her eating too much dry food because of cystitis.
Soup for lunch sounds just the thing; I'll have a small bowl of miso soup with my fruit and cheese.

Yola: try silk long underwear! Not bulky, very warming!
Matron: laughing about KoKo; he will tell you about his night, and his day, and whatever else is on his mind often, frequently and loudly! I do miss a talky cat!
Angie: if you get a good gravy recipe, let me know, please!

Stay warm, people!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
28-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #18

No snow here where i am in Essex?

had hail stones yesterday though!

Ive spent all day, well 4 hours to be exact going through 2 giant home movers boxes just to realize that they were both literally full of rubbish, how pointless moving them here i kept 5 items from 1box & about 2 from the other

kitchens now done, lounge is done....bedrooms can wait, Ive got the hump i hate moving..............

.......... at least i have my priority's straight and have the most important things done............. Sky tv.........Phoneline.........Internet..........Tak eaway menu.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #19

LOL The take away menu is just one of the most important things isn't it! I was gutted when I realised my old curry house wouldn't deliver to my new place . . . took me years to find a good replacement!

It's absolutely raining cats and dogs here now. We all got soaked running from the car to the back door. It's lovely, warm and toasty in the house though

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
28-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #20

EB - I really feel for you and your move. 100% stress guarenteed but at least you will be settled for Christmas.

DM - What's miso soup? I'm curious