Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #11

Re: Thank crunchie it's Friday.

Hi, all! Overcast and chilly, 11 degrees, and rain predicted for tomorrow. We do need it, been horribly dry all month: .004" so far. But messing up everybody's weekend. Will probably skip the library run; annoying,
as a book I've had on hold for weeks is finally in....will have to wait till Monday.

Hailstones, Meep? In October? I'd better stop complaining about our weather...!!

Hope all accomplish whatever they've planned for the day (including the vino!), and enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
calismum - you would have experienced the awful downpour of hailstones we had in Glasgow earlier today! Hope it doesn't put you off the city of culture The weather has been bizarre. One minute clear blue skies, the next torrential downpours of rain / hail. It's supposed to reach -3 on Monday too Must buy a new winter coat tomorrow seen as my old one has mould all over it!

Was out at a work event all morning, quite slow and boring. Looking forward to the gym this evening, followed by lazing on the couch with my 3 boys. A bottle of vino perhaps?

M&S are doing their 'Feed 2 for a £10' deal which I love! So looking forward to that tomorrow night. Will also hopefully paint the hall this weekend, with OH's help!

Yola, he is adorable! Such a gorgeous smile and beautiful angelic blonde hair!
We were having lunch under the glass roof and could hardly hear each other for the racket they made!!!!!!

Meep - I was born and brought up in Glasgow - I still consider it 'my city'. I love it.

Yola - your boy is obviously an angel - what else could he be?

Hope everyone managed to get their plans completed. I never managed the garden (rain, rain, more rain).

Can't believe how much I spent - Beans, no toast for the rest of the month

CM

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
We were having lunch under the glass roof and could hardly hear each other for the racket they made!!!!!!

Meep - I was born and brought up in Glasgow - I still consider it 'my city'. I love it.

Yola - your boy is obviously an angel - what else could he be?

Hope everyone managed to get their plans completed. I never managed the garden (rain, rain, more rain).

Can't believe how much I spent - Beans, no toast for the rest of the month

CM
Lol, calismum, I have lots of good inexpensive "peasant food" recipes from the early days of my mortgage when I was poor! And Chinese stir fries are great...a little meat goes a long way!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
LOL, PP . . . you wouldn't believe this was a devil-child would you But actually he's being really, really well-behaved today Water theme pics going up shortly . . .

Bless him Yola, what a gorgeous little boy, he is so fair...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good luck with getting off the weed Tink hope your sleep pattern improves
weed? LOL haven't done that since i was a kid
and the sleep is just always this way i don't usually go to bed till 5am then wake up at noon, nothin to do with smoking.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
25-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #16

Yola - Sebi is absolutely gorgeous. I have just shown the picture to Poppy and she screamed with excitment and kissed the screen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #17

Awww, bless that's just so sweet. His first cyber-girlfriend (Domi'll be jealous)!!!

Tink - the 'evil weed' is kind of a slang term for tobacco here in the UK rather than the illegal 'weed'.

Catsey Veteran

25-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Awww, bless that's just so sweet. His first cyber-girlfriend (Domi'll be jealous)!!!

Tink - the 'evil weed' is kind of a slang term for tobacco here in the UK rather than the illegal 'weed'.
ahh..thank you so much for explaining yola.
language differences sure do put a different spin on things

Catsey Veteran

25-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #19

We had a fun thread a while back about the differences in our shared language, Tink.
But I can still be surprised sometimes, although I think I do OK: the "weed" usage was new to me also.....

Catsey Veteran

26-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
We had a fun thread a while back about the differences in our shared language, Tink.
But I can still be surprised sometimes, although I think I do OK: the "weed" usage was new to me also.....
LOL, i have to admit i was a bit perplexed when i first read it