Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #11

Re: A very sore tummy :(

That's good news Meep, it sounds like his system is now getting back to normal..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #12

He certainely is making up for one-lost day of normalness too Mags, by being overly-energetic and playing this morning! It was hard to tear myself away from him!

I've discovered he loves it when, if hes in a playful, wide-eyed mood, if I go into a different room to him, get down on the ground and poke my head ever so slightly round the edge of the door, so I can just see him and he can just see me, he'll begin to stalk me. He'll creep up one wee step at a time, down on the groun with eyes wide, and then suddenly pounce!! But he won't have his claws out and straight aftewards he continually head butts me and rubs into me as if to say "I didn't really want to stalk you or scratch you, it's just a game!" very cute

Almost a Veteran Member

12-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #13

And I'll still be on poo watch today. I'm thinking he might not go tonight, if his systems been cleared out a bit, but hopefully if not tonight then tomorrow! No more bad smells this morning either which is a relief

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #14

Hi meep! Lovely description of you playing hide and seek with Darcy! He does sound a most delightful cat. Glad to hear he is probably on the mend. Has he eaten his Felix?

Almost a Veteran Member

12-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #15

Thanks angie! I wondered if I could catch it on video but I don't think the video would manage to capture it properly, as the perspective would be all wrong. It's my face that he runs up to and sniffs at, not the cameras It's just the way he runs round the corner on his tip-toes, with his tail held high, all excited yet slightly confused at the same time. He must be thinking "why is she pretending to be a cat when she's not? do I pounce or not?" Bless.

He's been eating his felix fine since he had an upset tummy. No disturbance to his eating at all, which is one of the reasons I wasn't too concerned about his sore tummy. The day he had the really bad bout, Sunday, he was still eating Felix like a good boy I just haven't given him any of his yummy Nature's Menu treats which he probably isn't best pleased with. (I've been starting to 'hide' them so he has to climb objects to get them. I'll train him as a circus cat yet )They haven't ever upset his tummy at all, and he loves them so, but since it was NM wet food that upset his tummy I thought it best to layoff the treats till he's fully mended.

Cats owned: Tortoiseshell DSH
12-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #16

Thanks Meep

Cactus was also a CPL cat, who apparently ate most things without any problems, I find that quite hard to believe! Cactus is now doing o.k on the Royal Canin sensitive wet food and Purina sensitive dry food with fish in the afternoon. She did have a very bad reaction to something that I had to put in her water to stop plaque appearing on her teeth, she had a teeth clean and polish at the vet's - cost £150, so I can't use this method, also tried gel and toothpaste and guess what, she had a really bad stomach upset with all of them. The problem is she will not use her litter tray when she has a really smelly poo, so I have to keep my eye on her like a hawk, and yes they are really bad ones! As she never seems to like going out much she will not go outside, but I think I've now got around the problem - she seems o.k at the moment.

Almost a Veteran Member

13-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #17

Update: Still not normal, hmmm.

First bad bout was Sunday, all day Sunday frequent, upset toilet visits. Monday, a small amount of bad poo. Tuesday a 'normal' sized poo (ie. his daily poo) but still quite soft and smelly. Not diarreah but not a hard, normal poo either.

Starting to get a wee bit more concerned. It has been 4 days since his sore tummy began and 6 days since he ate the NM food. He's acting entirely normal, bright as a button, not licking his bum any more, and not 'struggling' over the toilet or suddenly having to rush over. He just goes as normal but the poo itself isn't normal. I'm just concerned he's still showing signs of an upset tummy; I'd have hoped it'd be out his system by now.

Anyone have experience on cats with upset tummys and amount of time it takes to get back to normal? If he's not 100% by Friday I'll think about the vets. Like I said he's showing no other signs of illness at all apart from the poos themselves, hence why I've not been in touch with vet at all. Just worried it's lasting so long.

Global Moderator

13-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #18

You could try Darcy on either steamed white fish or boiled chicken only for a day or two, that would give his system chance to recover...

Almost a Veteran Member

13-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #19

Thanks for the suggestion Mags. Would the fish or chicken be less rich than his Felix food? He's not had any trouble with his Felix food at all in the past, and he's been eating it happily right through his tummy troubles, so do you think the Felix may be preventing his stomach from recovering?

I don't at all want to argue or doubt; I'm just concerned that if I introduce something new into his diet he's not had before (fish or chicken) it may servie to aggravate it more rather than let it settle. :S

Global Moderator

13-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Thanks for the suggestion Mags. Would the fish or chicken be less rich than his Felix food? He's not had any trouble with his Felix food at all in the past, and he's been eating it happily right through his tummy troubles, so do you think the Felix may be preventing his stomach from recovering?

I don't at all want to argue or doubt; I'm just concerned that if I introduce something new into his diet he's not had before (fish or chicken) it may servie to aggravate it more rather than let it settle. :S
The fish and chicken is very bland when it's steamed or boiled, Meep and contains nothing (no additives) that would upset his tum. I swear by it when Cassie is off colour, I also offer her some of the fish stock with it.