Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #11

Re: shelby

Keep us posted Tink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #12

less than 24 hours and she will be mine......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #13

Today's the day!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #14

Can hardly wait to see Shelby! Another lovely brindled tortie; I do love them; she reminds me of Patches...may she live as long and happily!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
27-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #15

What fantastic news. Great to hear! Can't wait to see how she settles in.

Catsey Veteran

28-07-2008, 02:44 AM   #16

two hours and counting..can you tell i'm excited? LOL...

Catsey Veteran

28-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #17

well, she's here! i felt really bad as the owner cried while saying goodbye but she said she really thought it was for the best.
shelby is understandably a little unimpressed and confused. i have her in the "nursery" by herself tonight. i set up her litterbox and food from her old home. as soon as i opened the can all shyness was over. but after that she of course is a bit undecided, actually better than i expected since i would imagine it'd be quite scary. i laid down and read beside her...then talked to her so she'd get used to my voice. she's already had some moments where she came to me and sat beside me but didn't stay long and tolerated some petting as well. but then batted a paw as if to say "okay, lady, that's enough, i've had a hard night" so of course i backed off and went back to reading. also absentmindedly pet her when her back was facing me and she hissed (oops!)..but then i got some good smells and a little bit of stares and interest so i think that's a really good start for only being here a few hours..lots of potential this little one has (actually little might not be the right term, she's 14 lbs...LOL!).
anyway, just thought i'd update you on the progress..i'm thinking of sleeping in there with her tonight just so she'd get used to me being around..not sure what the OH would think of that though. i foresee some eye rolling on that end

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #18

It's bound to be very strange to her at the moment Tink, she can't understand what has happened.

You are doing right by taking things slowly with her, she'll come to you under her own terms when she's ready.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #19

You are so experienced in settling animals in Tink - she'll come round in her own time. Sounds as if you might have to put her on a bit of a diet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
well, she's here! i felt really bad as the owner cried while saying goodbye but she said she really thought it was for the best.
shelby is understandably a little unimpressed and confused. i have her in the "nursery" by herself tonight. i set up her litterbox and food from her old home. as soon as i opened the can all shyness was over. but after that she of course is a bit undecided, actually better than i expected since i would imagine it'd be quite scary. i laid down and read beside her...then talked to her so she'd get used to my voice. she's already had some moments where she came to me and sat beside me but didn't stay long and tolerated some petting as well. but then batted a paw as if to say "okay, lady, that's enough, i've had a hard night" so of course i backed off and went back to reading. also absentmindedly pet her when her back was facing me and she hissed (oops!)..but then i got some good smells and a little bit of stares and interest so i think that's a really good start for only being here a few hours..lots of potential this little one has (actually little might not be the right term, she's 14 lbs...LOL!).
anyway, just thought i'd update you on the progress..i'm thinking of sleeping in there with her tonight just so she'd get used to me being around..not sure what the OH would think of that though. i foresee some eye rolling on that end
A big girl; that's what Leia weighs! She sounds like a darling; looking forward to pics when she's more settled, bless her!