Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #11

Re: Daily - Wed

And how do you get juice out of an onion (willing to try this one . . . . )? Or am I being obtuse here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #12

Well I think it has something to do with slicing the onion, and placing some cling film over the slices and then applying some weights so that the juice is squeezed out. Then you suck up the juice with a pipette like instrument and drop a few drops into the ear. Onion is a natural antiseptic (or so I was told). There again, so is Rosemary (the plant!) and that might smell a lot nicer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #13

Afternoon! Onion juice for the ear? That's a new (and weird) one!! Cool front came thru with rain last night, no roof leak, hallelulia! Only 24 degrees now, quite a change; Leia's enjoying the cooler weather on the porch. She's been shedding like mad with the hot spell; odd for an indoor cat who doesn't get a heavy Winter coat. Are yours shedding a lot? The usual market run ...lovely fresh peaches!..and messing about in the garden. Finally buds showing on the hardy glads.

PL: oh yes, kitten pics, please!
Yola: sorry about the ear; hope it clears up, with or without onion juice.....
Jem: kitten no name may name herself when you see her...happens sometimes....

Hope to see you at the quiz tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #14

Hot, busy day at work but I've finished for the day now-spent most of the afternoon making up goodie bags for our feline evening next week, really looking forward to it now.
Monitored the anaesthetic for a Harris hawk who was having a lump removed from it's claw today which was a first for me!
You will all be overloaded with kitten pics, don't worry!