Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
15-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #11

Re: Tomorrow I pick up my new "kitten"

You are of course all entitled to your opinions. This is not something I have rushed into nor taken the decision lightly and have discussed it with my vet, the new kitten's breeder and other knowledgeable breeders and cat people etc. The "kitten" has been chosen because of his temprament and general laidback attitude to life and the fact he is NOT a small kitten - Selkirk's by nature are not confrontational cats.

As I have already said if it doesn't work then it doesn't and Pousse's welfare comes first. I think Quando having a playmate will actually work in her favour and give her more space. Whether you agree with what I am doing or not I only want the best for my cats and am sensible enough to take the steps to correct the situation if it turns out I have made a mistake.

BTW this was meant to be a happy post - if people don't agree with the way I keep my cats perhaps they could PM me rather than spoil this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
15-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #12

Nobody's spoiling anything, people are just concerned about what they read, Fran noticed what I did, she commented first, then I did, I expect we were not the only ones though. You say in one post that Pousse is displaying worrying symptoms, perhaps her age? perhaps not, then you want to bring in another Cat, people just read and comment.

If one of my Cats were acting this way, another Cat would be the last thing on my mind, Id want their problems and health sorted before I contemplated it, but thats me.

I hope all your Cats get on well, and Pousse gets better soon.

Catsey Senior

15-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #13

BD thank you for your concern - I have updated that thread having spoken to my vet today. She is not concerned and knows my cats and my family circumstances well - she would be the first to say something.

Pousse's welfare is important to me despite what you may think and I have worked hard to turn her into the cat she is now. If I thought for one moment another cat would cause problems then I would not be getting one.

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #14

Despite what I may think? I think anyone that takes on an older rescue cat should be commended.

Catsey Senior

15-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Despite what I may think? I think anyone that takes on an older rescue cat should be commended.

"You" collective not you personally!

I'm sorry if I may seem oversensitive but I would walk over broken glass for Pousse and other people on here before seem to have rehomed young cats with older cats and not had concerns directed at them and I guess I just reacted overmuch and took it overpersonally.

I apologise if I seemed defensive but please believe me when I say I have really gone through this with a fine tooth comb including a planned move to a house as soon as my leg is fully better which should be soon!

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #16

No, youre right, I myself have 3 old Cats, 2 of 15 and one of 19, and I have taken on 3 kittens in 2 yrs. I was commenting as I felt you had problems with one Cat, but was bringing in another, me personally saw this as odd, as I said, I would of sorted out the other Cats problems first, but like I said thats me.

I have no doubt you think the world of your Cats. I dont think you overeacted either, Id of done the same.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
21-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #17

Hope to see pics soon. Good luck with showing the new baby and hopefully all intruductions will go well.