Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
25-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #11

Re: Urgent Help Needed

The reason I'm taking time out from Catsey is this post and a lot of PM;s.
I'm sceptical of people now because of what has happened here in the recent weeks.
I phoned the number displayed (which I beleive is against most forum rules). Firstly no answer, then the person phoned me back but I was in the shower, I phoned back and said I thought we were playing telephone tag!!!! the guy was not impressed. He has NO cats and is totally fed up with what he calls "prank Calls"

If he was so desporate for homes for his 4 cats dont you think he would have been back? But I'm the blond one. No more said.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
25-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #12

I feel the same Jacs. This site just hasn't been the same in the last few months to the place I once loved and couldn't stay away from.

What a shame for the poor man whose number has been posted on these ads. People are so ridiculous and cruel sometimes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #13

What a nasty prank to play on someone!!! I was surprised to see a phone number also; didn't think it was allowed......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #14

Why would someone want to do this, what kicks do they get?? This type of thing isn't exclusive to Catsey though, it can happen on any internet forum. The internet can be a wonderful place, but also open to exploitation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
25-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #15

That's why it's agains most policys to put up no's. the poor bloke was at his wits end. YET I was the baddie to question it.
Sorry Az I just paid my membership but if this is the way to go I wont be doing it again. You HAVE to prtoect the innocent.
By the way has Nigel been back o since his post?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #16

What a horrible and vindictive thing to do! So someone posted some bloke's number spuriously??? I must be especially gullible, but it didn't dawn on me for a single second that this could be a hoax.

Live and learn. Jac, your gut instinct was right, you're a very good reader of people.

Edit to say, surely that number should be deleted now?

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
25-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #17

As Kim has said, this thing happens on the net all the time. Unfortunately we just have to take people's word for it, and of course, always take what you hear or read on the web with a large pinch of salt.

With regards to telephone numbers, in cases of rehoming we allow them, because sometimes it could make the difference between someone finding a home and someone not finding a home. Also, it's up to people whether they want to post their numbers up or not.

We don't usually allow emails tho, as they can get picked up by spammers very easily, but again, sometimes make exceptions when it comes to rescues.

/Thread closed.

Closed Thread