Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #11

Re: Where do I stand?

Thanks for the links and advice. I have got home and been outside to see he has propped a fence panel up in the missing part of the fence with a childs slide. Not exactly dog proof as there is a 2ft gap - not sure if he thinks that is a suitable boundary or not.

Guys from work said they could fix the fence for me tomorrow if the weather is ok, but that would be at my cost of cement/nails/posts etc.

Feel I have no choice but to hope the weather is good tomorrow and pay for some safety.

Who in their right mind would get a massive rotweiller to live in their tiny three bed Victorian terrace with four young children??

Went in the garden to check the fence tonight - but was carrying a kitchen knife - dont feel safe anymore Wont let the kids out there at all. Cats are still nervous and bunnies are now shut away in their hutch for safety.

Might as well just move in with the pikeys for the amount of time I have to spend dealing with them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
20-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #12

That is a real shame Donna I have no idea on laws regarding this but it seems it would be trespassing - and thinking about it - do rottweilers come under the dangerous dogs act and if not on their own property should be muzzled (not that a well raised dog should need to be but sadly, not all dogs are well raised )

That might be a way to get them to do something about it.

Failing that, could you get them to split the cost of having the fence repaired with you?

Hope you get it resolved anyway, it's outrageous not to be able to feel you and your animals can be safe in your own home.

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #13

When I complained about the fence before they said they had no money to fix the fence.

Funny how they have enough money to acquire a rotweiller and feed it - must cost a fortune on a daily basis. Let alone vets bills etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
20-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #14

Yeh funny that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #15

Donna if your "friends" from work can put the fence up for you then why not pop round and tell him you feel totaly unsafe with the fence down and the dog now living there and if he is willing to pay then you can get the fence put up tomorrow.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #16

Donna, a post on this forum might give you some good advice.

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/vi...084afce 293b3

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #17

What a neighbor from hell, Donna! Your poor cats and bunnies can't even be safe on their own property with an animal like that about! I hope you can get this resolved one way or another......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #18

I am fairly certain that it is YOUR responsibility to keep your pets in your garden and on your property, the same goes for him! This is where Cats fall down sometimes in disputes etc.. but are classed as "wild" so the same doesnt apply. When my boss moved into their last house they had a 4ft fence round the garden, I think they met with opposition when they raised it but said to the council (I think) its my responsibility to keep my dogs on my property, they didnt argue and a higher fence was put up.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #19

Dawn your right. Cats have the freedom to roam. Dogs dont. The onus is on the owners to keep there dogs under controll and in a safe secure garden if out alone.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #20

They have said the fence will be put up today or tomorrow and have turned down my offer of getting my friend to finish it. I have told them I dont want it bodged as the fence they erected before blew down in the first strong wind. Also told them not to fix it to my house like they did last time as when it fell down it pulled a chunk out of my house!!!