Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #11

Re: neutering questions!

Wow Amber, thankyou so much for that information its really helped make me feel better about it(though of course im still worried )

i tried to find the feliway but im guessing its only sold in vets? oh and i will be taking them to the vets by train but will be sure to cover both carriers to avoid any stress from the journey. we are going to try and get an early train so as to avoid the morning rush with them too.

i have a couple of blankets ready with our smells on but will also do as you suggested and get a cloth to wipe around their own faces and put in the carrier with them.

i gave them some tuna at around 7pm and poor AJ is walking around crying at the moment wondering where his food has gone bless him.

right all that is left to do now is clip their nails(havent been in most of the weekend so havent had chance to attempt it yet-i predict sore arms coming up ) and then snuggle down with them!

i shall update tomorrow to let you know how they got on-keep your fingers crossed for my boys everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #12

Sending good vibes for Monday; I'm sure they'll both be just fine, but we ca'nt help but worry, can we? ((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #13

Fingers crossed for tomorrow although I am sure everything will be fine

I have bought Feliway online before and found it to be cheaper than my vets...

http://www.vetuk.co.uk

Thinking about the boys tomorrow, please let us know how they get on x

Catsey Senior

05-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #14

Thankyou both, and thanks for the link Fran think i shall have to get some feliway anyway as Raven can get stressed at times so this would help.

talking of Raven, just tried to do his nails and we were greeted with hisses and scratched as soon as he saw the clippers no way im going to be able to do them tonight now-do you think the vets would clip them while hes under tomorrow? he never used to be this bad but the last couple of times ive clipped them hes gotten worse and worse-any tips for the future anyone? AJ was a breeze as always-those pair are like chalk and cheese!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
06-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #15

Good luck today JB hope all goes well as I'm sure it will do X

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #16

Hey how are they doing today?

I bet they'll be pleased when they get their dinner tonight!!

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #17

How did it go today?

Catsey Senior

06-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #18

Sorry i havent updated you all sooner, i have had such a long and exhuasting day!

everything went absolutely fine! i was told they both really behaved themselves and they seemed happy to see us-Raven has been attention seeking so much since getting them home both are now neutered and chipped so thats something to cross off the ever growing list! lol

i did ask them to clip Ravens nails while he was there as i explained he didnt like me doing it, but i have to admit that im disppointed with it as they barely took any nail off(i could have done that! lol) and they charged me £8 for the pleasure its lucky everything else was so darn cheap! but if anyone has any nail clipping tips i would appreciate it.

is it right that they shouldnt have their normal food? i did bring some with me so they could offer it to them when they came around but i was told they wont be able to have it for a day or two and i was sold some hills prescription i/d. they definately like the hills food so im not complaining but wondered if this is how all vets do it?

the main thing is that its all over and i can stop worrying-until i have to do it all over again in a few months when the kittens are old enough for the same

oh, one last thing. they have been licking/washing the area quite a bit and we try to stop them when we see them doing this but obviously its impossible to stop them completely. i was under the impression that they have no stitches to bother anyway, but could be wrong? is it ok to leave them to it or should we keep stopping them?

Thanks again everyone for all your reassurance, advice and well wishes-they all helped tremendously!

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #19

I am quite surprised that your vet wanted them to have special food! Did they say why? None of my boys ever had to do that after being neutered....odd...
But I'm happy to hear they're home and well; I don't have any advice about the washing of the parts as none of mine did that; hope someone else here will have a word of wisdom for you......I gather they didn't give you any Buster collars in case? I do think that's a wee bit stiff for minimal claw-clipping, however...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black & White & All Black & kittens
06-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #20

Really glad the boys have come through the op ok, have been thinking about them today. give them a cuddles from me...not forgetting my boys as well.

chris xx