Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #11

Re: I've calmed down now

What a dreadful experience for you, and for those poor people and their dogs! I hope the police will be able to do something...and people wonder why I'm afraid of dogs.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #12

MIL's staffie has recently been involved in a court case. It attacked another dog and caught the woman owner in the attack. The woman was desperately trying to protect her dog and her baby in the pram. MIL settled out of court as to costs of damaged clothing, pram etc.. but the police took her to court (obviously to make an example of her with the recent dangerous dogs etc..) she was given a warning, next time her staffie could be pts She came to mine this evening and the staffie went for both my girls I kept her out in the porch as the meezers think all dogs are friendly and she hates cats and would definitely kill them. I hate to say it but I really dislike the dog and dread her visiting, it has put me off staffies for life, she's awful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #13

I love my dogs but I tell you something Fran if one of my girls - attacked another dog in a situation described by you there I would have them/her PTS a court case. I could not own a dog that behaved in a manner you've described.

I will have to introduce you to my girls one day, you will fall in love with the breed I promise you.

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I love my dogs but I tell you something Fran if one of my girls - attacked another dog in a situation described by you there I would have them/her PTS a court case. I could not own a dog that behaved in a manner you've described.

I will have to introduce you to my girls one day, you will fall in love with the breed I promise you.

I would never own a dog myself that behaved in such a manner Kazz and MIL is so blind to it all, Tia can do no wrong I really hope one day, I will meet a staffie that will change my opinion of them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #15

I think it's the owner not the breed. I was cornered by a BC and a lassie dog (also some kind of collie I believe) when I was a child and this has left me with a life-long fear/distrust of dogs.

What you describe Karen, is trulyterrifying and horrible - a dog can be a killer in the wrong hands, and the sooner authorities realise it's the owner 99% and the dog 1% the better it will be for all concerned.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #16

I was bitten as a girl by a GSD it left me with scars on my hand/arm Iraised my arm hand to protect my face.

Luckily I was not affected otherwise by the attack. abaut it could have been so different

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #17

I have to ask: what is a GSD? Is it a German shepherd? That's what bit me as a child and resulted in a lifelong fear of large dogs....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
02-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #18

Oh kazz how awful,i hope the police do something about this.fran im sorry you feel like this and im sorry your girls had to experience this,plz meet kazz's staffs if u get chance,they really are a lovely breed

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I have to ask: what is a GSD? Is it a German shepherd?
Yes it is Eileen..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #20

Yes Eileen - GSD = German Shepherd Dog.

My ex-H has a fluffy one and the couple of times I've met it, it is so gentle it's untrue. Again - back to the owners I think, they really do have a massive responsibility to train their dogs correctly.