Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
30-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #11

Re: I know you are all going to think i'm the most irresponsible owner ever but...

That is a reassurance thank you.

I have just rang now and they are booked in for tuesday evening, so hopefully i'll know then.

I hope I can just settle down and look forward to kittens if any are expecting, I just feel incredibly guilt ridden at the moment. I am most worried about finding the right homes for any babies I think. I have bred rabbits before, obviously a whole different species but at least i'm not completely in the dark.

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #12

Re: I know you are all going to think i'm the most irresponsible owner ever but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
You need to put them on a more energy-rich diet. Something deep in the fuzz and vaccuum I call my mind seems to recall giving kitten-food to the mum-to-be and while she's nursing kittens. At a year old, they're not too young to be mums, so don't worry about that bit. Have a look around for a suitable (cardboard) box to keep the newborn kittens safe and out of any draft. The kittening-boxes may be rejected by the mums, but at least you've tried. ^^
Also, you're not six months late with the spaying, perhaps one. Think the standard spay is planned for 9-12 months (Castration is earlier, at six months.), so you weren't that far off, just unlucky. If they're pregnant.
Tucker was castrated at 6 months. I did want to initially wait a little longer for the girls as they are all only petite cats and I was advised to wait by my vet when I took them in for a check up before they were booked in. Tucker was much bigger than the girls, he always has been so he was booked in straightaway. I just never followed it up with the girls when they got bigger, as they are primarily house cats so I wasn't too worried.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
You need to put them on a more energy-rich diet. Something deep in the fuzz and vaccuum I call my mind seems to recall giving kitten-food to the mum-to-be and while she's nursing kittens. At a year old, they're not too young to be mums, so don't worry about that bit. Have a look around for a suitable (cardboard) box to keep the newborn kittens safe and out of any draft. The kittening-boxes may be rejected by the mums, but at least you've tried. ^^
Also, you're not six months late with the spaying, perhaps one. Think the standard spay is planned for 9-12 months (Castration is earlier, at six months.), so you weren't that far off, just unlucky. If they're pregnant.
I think most vets will advise 6 months to spay a female if they go outside as they can get pregnant at 4 / 5 months old & have a litter at 6 and a half / 7 months.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #14

I don't think anyone will judge you for what's happened, and you will get all the advice you need.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I think most vets will advise 6 months to spay a female if they go outside as they can get pregnant at 4 / 5 months old & have a litter at 6 and a half / 7 months.
Guess the "9-12 months" is based on spoiled indoors cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
30-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #16

I for one certainly do not think your iresponsible, accidents happen-simple as. Sometimes there are things in life that do hold a certain 'importance' above other things, and making that phonecall to book them in is one of these things thats always i'll do it after such n such-i know fully well
Good luck whatever happens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #17

I am happy to offer advice if I can. Please feel free to post/pm if you need help.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #18

I'm sure you will get lots of advice and help from many on here Random ....... unfortunately accidents do happen ......... good luck!

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #19

Thanx everyone for being so supportive. Just got to wait 'til Tuesday evening now before I know for sure, but will update then and go from there.

Thanx again.

Kel.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #20

Don't feel bad Random acccidents happen in the real world... and let us know whats happening when you find out.... Good Luck to everyone xx