Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Wednesday

Jane: hope the exam results are good; Yola: nice herb selection, but no basil? Sunny and mild again today; porch door is open so Leia can go in and out at her pleasure instead of my playing doorkeeper! She better enjoy it while it lasts, going to be cold rain and maybe a few flurries over the weekend, only in 40's (F). Been to the market, got potting soil so I can start seeds this weekend ! Off to fix lunch now.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #12

Hope you have all had a lovely day, and Jane, I hope you did well in your exam. I am off shortly to look at puppies!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Hope you have all had a lovely day, and Jane, I hope you did well in your exam. I am off shortly to look at puppies!
Dawn.
ooooooh - puppies!

I had a spot of mild amusement today. Went to the optician for my check up, with these new, wear-all-the-time contacts. She looked at my eyes with the lenses in and all was well, then asked me to take them out. I did and she popped some flourescent orange 'stuff' in, to check there were no ulcers etc. Again, all was well. She asked did I want to put the lenses back but i said no, i'd have this as my 'day off'.
Then, I went to get a Happy Birthday helium balloon for my dad tomorrow. Did I want it in a bag? No, it's OK, I'll just take it on its string. One more errand - pick up OH's dry cleaning. In I go, the assistant laughs at my balloon and asks if it's a fancy dress party and am I going now? No, I reply , pay for the cleaning and head off back to the car. Whilst tying the balloon to the headrest, so it behaved whilst I drove home, I caught sight of myself in the rear-view mirror - - eek! I have bright orange eyes!
Wish she'd told me I'll know next time!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #14

just as well you didn't know DM!! With orange eyes and a balloon, you must have been getting a few strange looks!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #15

and nobody told you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #16

@ DM!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #17

Oh DM. that's a good one! My eye doctor uses those awful dilating drops and I always feel weird on the bus going home because my pupils are so enlarged I look as if I were on drugs!! Orange eyes...that is really funny..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
14-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #18

That dye that they put into eyes is awful!! Im assuming its the same sort of stuff they put into cats eyes?!! The reason I ask is because Oli had some orange drops put in his eyes about two weeks ago. The dye stained his white fur, under his eyes and has not long gone!