Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #11

Re: My niece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Oh the best bit is, my SIL wasn't even informed until after they brought her back from the hospital!!!!!!
thats awful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Oh the best bit is, my SIL wasn't even informed until after they brought her back from the hospital!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
13-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #13

how awful Alex

hope some good comes out of the meeting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #14

Hope the situation looks a bit better this morning, but it's not good, is it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #15

Don't have any news this morning yet. My SIL's meeting isn't until 4 o'clock, so probably won't hear much until this evening!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #16

I really hope something satisfactory can be sorted out, have my fingers crossed x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
13-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #17

I am speachless x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #18

I too am lost for words!!! Why is it that the victim is always the last to be considered in this bl***y country Yes, your niece might have problems but that is actually a reason to pay additional attention to her rather than this 'step back and see what happens' appoach adopted by authorities

I hope she is ok, both physically and emotionally after this attack. A 13 year old shouldn't have to be subjected to this. And your SIL must be beside herself - I can fully understand how something like this could tip her over the edge; is she getting any help with managing the situation herself, like councelling??

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #19

I hope the authorities can sort this dreadful incident as soon as possible

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #20

yes she is Yola, she actually has an appointment with a counselor before her meeting this afternoon. She is also on a mild anti depressant from her doctor. She has had a letter in from her solicitor this morning, with a lette from the social work dept attached. They have accused my SIL of not working with the home that my niece ran away to last month, but not saying that my SIL did in fact go to the meetings with them and that she had threatened not to go in an argument with them. They also state that my niece wasn't taken for a home visit with her dad, neglecting to say that was the weekend my niece ran off to Dunoon and no one knew where she was. They also said that my SIL was refusing to take my niece back, neglecting to mention that my niece was threatening to kill her mum and baby sister and was point blank refusing to have anything to do with her family, so my SIL has been back in contact with her lawyer to correct these matters, and my SIL will be taking this letter into the meeting with her this afternoon and raising this matter too! The social work dept and the child care team are a complete waste of space as far as I'm concerned. My SIL has spent years trying to get my niece the appropriate help and still nothing is being done properly. What does it take for them to sit up and take notice?