Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #11

Re: Lazy moggy sleeps 24/7

I hope you can get it sorted soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #12

That definitely sounds like the problem but until she gets over it I would introduce a litter tray. Being blind it will probably have shaken her more than a seeing cat and therefore could take longer to get over. Cats are generally clean animals and because she hasn't got a tray she is having to do it in places she wouldn't normally do it in and she probably hates it. Give her a tray so she can be clean again until she is prepared to go back outside. Although I have to agree with Fran that she would perhaps be better off inside. All 9 of mine are indoor cats and are fine. Hope everything sorts itself out one way or another.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Ginger & white, 1 black & white
08-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #13

Just to update you on our situation.....

I have had a word with my neighbours about the son throwing things at the fence to scare my cat

They apologised and said it wouldn't happen again. I got quite rude with them when they said " What's the problem it's only a cat" I politly told them she is MY cat and is blind. I am to admit that I replied to them " When you pay my bl@@dy mortgage then you have a say at what goes on in my house/garden" !!

My cat is now venturing outside again. I have had to take her out and stay outside with her as a precaution and to give her the confidence she needed to rebuild again outside.

The other night she sat in the garden -in the freezing cold- for hours just sitting there. I am so chuffed she has the confidence back. She wouldn't even come back in when I called her I had to pick her up and bring her in!

To those who have suggested keeping her inside, yes I agree it may be an easier option, but if you knew my cat....you just cannot keep her inside. She loves the outside world and I don't see why I should deney her that freedom, just coz she is blind

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #14

TT - you know your cat best and I'm glad she seems to be venturing out again now. Also that your neighbours have responded positively to your requests.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #15

Pleased to hear your cat has got her confidence back TT and enjoying herself outdoors again