Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #11

Re: Advice needed please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Have you tried the palatable panacur worming tablets that taste like cat treats? My cats love them!!!
Ditto I use these as well, cats love them

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Have you tried the palatable panacur worming tablets that taste like cat treats? My cats love them!!!
Hi Fran! You did tell me last year where you get your panacur tablets from but I have mislaid the address

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #13

twix eats any tablets right out of my hand, oatmeal eats if crushed and mixed in with tinned food, mr d i have to get in aheadlock bless him, and PF i dont know yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Hi Fran! You did tell me last year where you get your panacur tablets from but I have mislaid the address
www.hyperdrug.com

I actually buy Panacur liquid in bulk from them and Drontal puppy. The treat wormers I bought from my vet last time I wormed the cats as they had a 3 for the price of 2 offer on (That was the reason I tried them and my cats loved them!!!)

Global Moderator

08-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #15

Quote:
www.hyperdrug.com

I actually buy Panacur liquid in bulk from them and Drontal puppy. The treat wormers I bought from my vet last time I wormed the cats as they had a 3 for the price of 2 offer on (That was the reason I tried them and my cats loved them!!!)
Thanks a lot Fran!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #16

Good website Fran!!

I am going to order some of the treat wormers for the cats I think.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #17

I find it easier to get the tablet down them when I put butter around it - it helps to slide down their throats a little easier - and yes wear a thick jumper as well those claws are sharp!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #18

Sweet, if you have to give her a small amount of baked beans I don't think that's particularly awful. Does she just want the tomato sauce? You could just crush the tablet and mix it with some of that, then smear it onto a plate and give it to her to lick clean?

She may smell or taste the medicine and choose not to eat it, but it's always an option. One portion of baked beans isn't going to do her any harm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #19

I would recommend using Panacur paste it is giving in a syringe and is so easy to use that I use it on my kittens. The vets should sell that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #20

Emm, that was a great tip about the butter; never heard that one before & sounds as if it might work...besides, most cats love butter! I am impossible at pilling cats my Aby"s WON'T power was much worse than my will power: I did just what my vet said to do, wrapped him in a towel & wedged him betwen my body and the side of the armchair, forced jaw open (NOT easy! popped pill to the back of his throat, held jaw closed & stroked throat until he swallowed, let him go, and....he gave me a look that would curdle milk & spat out the pill!! Crushing it with some tasty food never worked either, he would eat all around the part with the crushed pill...hope you have better luck!!