Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #11

Re: Advice please

Can't advise you DM, But he is a beautiful boy!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
11-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #12

He is gorgeous, but think your idea of two younger kittens coming in together is a better idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #13

Oh he is a stunner

Not sure if it really makes a great deal of difference whether you get two together or not, my female cat who is two gets along amazingly well with my 7 year old cat, he was even cleaning her head the other day. I think it is just down to how sociable the two cats are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
11-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #14

I think it is easier to intergrate a young tom cat into a household with older she's than to introduce another female. Six months is a young age although I to have my doubts as to that being correct as he look extremely large for that age I would doubt you would have a problem. But you never know. It would probably make more sense in getting to little uns together. This fella may be too rough for a little kitten to play with. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #15

I'd love to say GO FOR IT! He is very beautiful, but my experiences over the last 3 months say go with your gut instincts. You know you animals better than anyone and would have a pretty good idea as how they would react to this new comer. I wish you luck as its a toughie

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
12-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #16

he is a stunning looking cat - I don't have any advice sorry - I'm sure you'll make the right decision

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-02-2006, 04:35 AM   #17

Really hard decision; a very outgoing kitten may be able to win over the older girls...all I can say is repeat what the others said, go with your gut

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #18

Thanks everyone.
Apart from saying 'rumble', as I haven't had breakfast yet, my gut says lovely but leave him. Wait for the babies - they'll be here soon enough.
Hope the blue boy finds a nice home.
(If I had kittens and was finding homes for them, I would not let them go to a home with children who had never lived with a cat before. Childrens' allergies are cited so often as a reason for a 'just bigger than kitten' needing a new home.)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
12-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #19

he is lovely, although I would be tempted to leave him as he may be too playful for your older girls, so two kittens would be better as they have each other for company. i can certainly understand why your husband is drawn to him though - I am hoping to foster a semi/longhair this year so I can find out if my allergies can cope, as I adore them but don't want to risk it permanently until I have 'tested it'!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #20

my older boys have always been good accepting new additions to the home, but i cant really offer much advice, he is a lovely boy though