Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #11

Re: I couldn't do it!

It is such a worry when they are out. It has to be a personal decision whether you allow them out or not. I personally believe that they are entitled to their freedom so do allow mine out. They are in at night, however...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
05-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
It is such a worry when they are out. It has to be a personal decision whether you allow them out or not. I personally believe that they are entitled to their freedom so do allow mine out. They are in at night, however...
I have very close values too Fran's on this one...i remember being about three and loosing one of the cats too a RTA and wanting too keep the others in..and doing all i could too do so..until my parents sat me down one day and explained too me
"Cats are the freest of all domestic creatures and if the truth be known they aren't domesticated completley!. They like doing their own thing and having their own territory and its best for them too live a life which they enjoy regardless of how long it may be.."

TBH i love my girlies too pieces and would be devestated if anything happened too them..but i did the whole house cat thing with Clementine when she was younger..and what happened? She got out one day..didnt have any outside sense and ended up getting lost!
Its all down to personal preference i suppose..i dont have to worry in the respects of people getting close as ive seen my two scarper as soon as they see anyone

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
05-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #13

Quote:
I dont think youre GOING nuts jem, i think you went nuts a long long long time ago
only joking!

so true lol well been looking over oscar med files I got and other files the home give me and it says in BIG BOLD LETTERS

INDOOR CAT ONLY! so think i'll just get a lead for him