Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #11

Re: Rather Murky Monday

Eileen, you will be pleased to know I found something to do I plastered the a couple of walls in a bathroom for a friend/neighbour they were quoted "£150-180" to skim the walls not replaster from start. I said I would have a go as she is struggling healthwise, and money wise and her lad is just 11. A pretty good job I made as well. Bit of a knack and could not do it for a living however she was more than happy, and I was quite chuffed.

Also did a bit in the back garden a good general tidy round, took Sal a lovely walk too. Weather was very nice later afternoon.

Best luck at the units Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #12

glad you got your kindle MrsH,
hope you have your Jeep by now, Tink,
Karen, bet your neighbour was pleased
Back from the vets with Jerry, will update in a thread
Kwame has lost another tooth, a realy big back one, i managed to get it before he ate it. We will expect a visit from the doggy tooth fairy tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #13

hey everyone, looks like everyone had busy days

I had my first day today and it has gone well even had a friend in teh shape of OH's sister's sister in law on the train on way into town and on way home which was good

Just relaxing tonight, hope you all enjoy the night xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #14

Pamela, glad your first day went well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #15

Hi everyone. I've been at Wrest Park again today, it's a lovely place but a horrible drive!
Let me know how you get of with the Kindle MrsH. I'm sort of tempted but I use the library a lot so get my reading for free. It would be good to save weight sometimes but it might be to expensive an option.
Glad your first day went well Pamela.Kazz,plastering is a real skill- I tried it once and just remember a sequence of 'plaster goes on, plaster falls off, plaster goes back on, plaster falls off, much swearing, repeat lots of times!'

Hope the trip was good Eileen- when will you know for sure that you can move in?
Did you get the planting done Angie ? Did Monty help?
Saw your good news about Jerry Shelley and PP I loveyour puddle pool. Tink - how is the jeep?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #16

Jeep is home! It was a nice drive. I'm glad all went smoothly. The paperwork is official and everything

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #17

Eileen waiting for an update..................sometimes I dislike this time difference. I predict good news too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #18

Hi all, and thanks for the good vibes.wishes!! I should know by the end of the week .... they have to verify all the assets/income I've listed, and it's very very close to the limit, but the manager is sure enough that I'll get in that she did have me sign a lease; will hold my check till verification.

There were 4 units available, but the second I viewed was perfect: the double floor-to-ceiling windows (in effect a glass wall), with southwestern exposure (lots of lights for my houseplants!) and a view overlooking the garden, not the street. On the 5th floor, fairly near the elevators, but that doesn't matter much now as I'm off oxygen in the daytime so don't have to drag that tank behind me!! I'm trying not to get too excited, as it could still fall thru, so please keep the good thoughts coming.

Oodles of paperwork to do, didn't get home till after 5 pm and both of us were too tired to do any boxing/bagging. I'm enjoying a much needed drink now ... after having given Leia her very late afternoon snack!!

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi all, and thanks for the good vibes.wishes!! I should know by the end of the week .... they have to verify all the assets/income I've listed, and it's very very close to the limit, but the manager is sure enough that I'll get in that she did have me sign a lease; will hold my check till verification.

There were 4 units available, but the second I viewed was perfect: the double floor-to-ceiling windows (in effect a glass wall), with southwestern exposure (lots of lights for my houseplants!) and a view overlooking the garden, not the street. On the 5th floor, fairly near the elevators, but that doesn't matter much now as I'm off oxygen in the daytime so don't have to drag that tank behind me!! I'm trying not to get too excited, as it could still fall thru, so please keep the good thoughts coming.

Oodles of paperwork to do, didn't get home till after 5 pm and both of us were too tired to do any boxing/bagging. I'm enjoying a much needed drink now ... after having given Leia her very late afternoon snack!!

Sounds ideal Eileen, totaly perfect. Will you be able to have the unit of your choice when they say yes? which as you can tell I am taking as read......"you're in"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #20

Oh yes, #513 is being held for me! We have to go back tomorrow; some of the unending paperwork had to be notatized, and the notary had left by that time ... always something!! I am so nervous I won't get in .......