Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #11

Re: Friends

I'd been on another UK cat forum, the only one I'd ever been on; it became very inactive and Kim (Brenda) referred me here. And here I am! Being older and from the States I was a little unsure at first, but I've met so many lovely people, who have become friends...if, God forbid, Catsey should shut down, I'd still keep in touch with you all through e-mail or even snail mail, regardless of the ocean between us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #12

Great place!! I have come to know and indeed meet some very lovely people whom I definitely regard as my friends

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #13

Do I fit into this niche? I hope so coz i love all of you
Some very nice and welcoming people here, extremely helpful and its nice to be able to agree to disagree sometimes with out it being some sort of major conflict.
I am a member of a few other forums too and have met some great people there too but Catsey is where I spend most of my time coz you all tolerate me better
Eileen, just a quick question, any reason why you chose a UK cat forum and not an American one?
I'm glad you chose this one so dont go now coz i ask the question

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #14

No particular reason, Elaine, just good luck, I guess! I was Googling something about cats, saw the other forum listed and just went on it out of curiosity; I'd never been on a forum before and it looked interesting. I noticed that it was in the UK, but I figured cats are cats and people are people, regardless of which side of the Pond they're on. I was quite disappointed when it became so inactive, and, as I said, was referred here...and am well and truly hooked!! I have since read comments about American cat forums tending to be somewhat confrontational and in your face; may not be true, but one is enough for me...I spend too much time here already!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
07-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #15

I love this place, I'm on lots of other forums where I have great friends but I like how it's quite small here but still active! Usually smallish forums mean there's never many posts but that's not the case here. I wouldn't really say I have any "friends" here yet but there's still time :P

edit: just realised that didn't sound right - you're all great people, I just don't think anyone would class me as their friend yet, that make sense?

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #16

Thats me...............small and active...........

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #17

Jane, I don't know how anyone else does it, but I sort of think of the Buddy List as when you begin to think of people as friends...when their posts are always interesting and you'd like to know when they're on line; and then you may PM them with a silly question that you're embarrassed to post on the forum...anyhow, that's how it worked for me.

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #18

I always forget about the buddy list. But then I regard you all as friends regardless of what you might think of me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #19

I've been on a couple of US cat forums where there are a couple of people with whom I did click, however most had the most alien (to me) concepts and there was absolutely no common ground at all! Eileen is just full of the most wonderful warmth and common sense . . . may all Americans be like her

To answer the question, yes - Catsey is a special place where those that join and stick around and those that were here before me all seem to fit in and be warm friends. I do hope I'm considered such also, even though I may sometimes be a bit too gobby for my own good

I would dearly love to meet the many good friends I have here in person and to cement that friendship on both a cyber and non-cyber basis - only day!

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #20

You mean I'm not on your Buddy List??!!! Seriously, what I like is that we often disagree about some things, but not in a nasty, abusive way, and agree civilly to disagree and remain friends! That's BIG!