Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #11

Re: Can't believe it's Friday again

Morning, all!
Yola, am super jealous about the small animal park..sounds like loads of fun, when I go to places like that I tend to just stand and stare for a long while..I have to focus when I'm driving by farms to not be distracted by the barn animals and keep my eyes on the road , animals are just so fun to visit with even if they are the kind you don't choose to have in your house. What a treat!
Payday today so I am happy. Have some errands around town and some further into the city that I'm saving for next time K feels like driving in as I want to just stay local with my car till i'm fairly confident with it again. Haven't really taken it out and about since we got it back from the shop and need to build my confidence again I can take it anywhere and not worry
The sun is peeking out but it is cool right now, I think it will be another one of those days where one moment it's fall and the next it's summer
Decided to send off paperwork to the attorney in the post with a pointed note about how his staff is difficult to communicate with on the phone so i thought i'd send him my inquiry directly so there'd be no more confusion. Probably better that way so I don't lose my temper and I thought I practiced quite a bit of self control with my note attached to the documents. Plus, his office is in a very confusing area full of one way streets and I'm usually on edge just driving to that part of town anyway. This way is better so I won't lose my patience. I am so much better at expressing myself in writing than in person anyway.
Think I will buy the kitties some yummy sardines or fish at the store today..and maybe some cream for dear, neglected Solomon
Have a good day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #12

Poor Solomon, he is so Badly Neglected, and never gets Any Treats!! He can come live with me and get spoiled .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #13

Just enough time to squeeze in a happy birthday for Sebi hope he enjoyed his day with the little furry things

Been a smashing day here, met our lovely new dentist but sad to see the old one had retired. He had been my dentist since I was about 13 and he was a freshly qualified guy working in our local surgery. He was great, funny, gorgeous blue eyes and very gentle. When he left us after many years to work elsewhere I was bereft. I had another dentist and he pulled me about & it really hurt, shame to say avoided dentists for a while Then I saw his name in the Yellow pages and found out he had bought his own practice in Cardiff. I phoned and got an appointment with him for me & Ceri, we got NHS status as it wasn't a problem then, in time all my family registered there. Even tho its a good 40 mins run in the car to get there, I don't mind.
The new guy is lovely too, so I will stay with the practice.

Tink, I love sardines, I envy your tribe! DM, hope the humidity from H. Earl goes soon and fingersx'd for the poor seaboarders affected. Angie, how many vodka flavours is that now ... must get there for a tasting

Have a nice evening, we're rugby watching now, Ulster v Ospreys, ding dong match so far. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #14

Vodka infusions to date:
Raspberry x 3 jars
Plum (two different types) x 1 each
Spiced apple x 1
Gooseberry x 1

Brandy infusions:
Blackberry (1 of each)
Cherry

Each batch is 1 litre, but some - especially the plum and apple only yield half a litre roughly because of displacement! We have done more raspberry as it was very popular last year and we have had requests!

We are freezing the left over fruit - I have an idea we could use them in naughty puddings!

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #15

Forgot to say - Pip went to the vet for his booster jab today. He was a very good boy, although hated being in the cat carrier and was scared, but as soon as he got into the surgery and was taken out of the carrier his curiosity got the better of him and he just wanted to investigate! All is well. He is 5.15k - as the vet said, a bit heavier than when she saw him last - but he was only a kitten then!

The vet practice is now recommending Advocate flea treatment and a spot on wormer which is a great idea. But the price is rather alarming. Unfortunately, the practice printers were not working, so I couldn't get an itemised bill. I'll see what prices are quoted on Internet, although I do understand that I'll need a prescription and that's an additional charge.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Poor Solomon, he is so Badly Neglected, and never gets Any Treats!! He can come live with me and get spoiled .....
*giggling* !!!

plum vodka sounds rather tasty

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #17

Some of the infusions end up as schnapps-type drink and others as liqueurs depending on whether sugar is added. Unfortunately, they all need to be left for about 4 months, so may not be ready in time for the C-word.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
The vet practice is now recommending Advocate flea treatment and a spot on wormer which is a great idea. But the price is rather alarming. Unfortunately, the practice printers were not working, so I couldn't get an itemised bill. I'll see what prices are quoted on Internet, although I do understand that I'll need a prescription and that's an additional charge.
Angie, I paid £22.95 for a pack of 3 Advocate at my vets last month ....... I'll be interested to see what prices you find

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Angie, I paid £22.95 for a pack of 3 Advocate at my vets last month ....... I'll be interested to see what prices you find
Just priced it up at the pet dispensary online £14.99 for 3 pipettes for cats under 4kg, slightly more expensive for larger cats.
Trouble is by the time the vet has charged you for the prescription it may work out the same price.
Our vet charges £8.50 per item.

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #20

Thanks for the info Mags and Shelley.