Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Surprise, surprise, the electrician is not coming today either!!!
I'd give him the sack Fran and look for another......... they never seem to worry if they inconvenience you, do they?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #12

What a nuisance Fran! It's taken me 10 years of regularly sacking tradesmen of various shapes and 'skills' before I've finally found an odd-job man who can do anything (and do it well) and a wonderful Sikh heating engineer/plumber.

They are out there but most of them are cowboys to say the least Sorry to hear you're being messed around by this muppet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #13

Indeed - a good/reliable tradesperson is worth their weight. This seems to be a positive rugby spin-off - OH meets people in the course of the game and they are much more reliable than someone from the Yellow Pages.

On a completely different tack - Luke - are you sleeping OK now? Do you think your sleeplessness was the lurgi brewing up?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I'd give him the sack Fran and look for another......... they never seem to worry if they inconvenience you, do they?
In all fairness we have used him for years and he has always been great and reliable. He reckons the supplier still hasn't got the lights we are wanting and the plan is now to come on Saturday...so we wait and hope

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #15

Afternoon all. A very quick check in here as I can't sit for too long. My back went last night and have spent the night and day doped up on painkillers. Hope everyone is ok!
DM ((hugs))

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Afternoon all. A very quick check in here as I can't sit for too long. My back went last night and have spent the night and day doped up on painkillers. Hope everyone is ok!
DM ((hugs))
Sorry to hear that Alex, take things easy, hope the pain lessens ....... and we hope to see you back here very soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
DM ((hugs))

Oh Alex, I'm sorry to hear this Hope you manage to rest up and feel better really soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #18

Hope you'll be better soon Alex - doesn't bode well for the weekend though - get those girls of yours playing waitress/washer up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #19

Thanks everyone. Had a very hot bath and taken some more painkillers and sitting in one of the straight back dining chairs just now, but don't think I'll be her too long, so you probably wont hear to much from me over the next few days. Stay well everyone. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #20

Alex: take care of that bad back! I have back trouble myself so you have my deepest sympathy! A good old fashioned hot water bottle always helps mine; hope you're back on soon! I too dislike January, but the coldest part of the Winter will be ending soon: January 27th is the date here in the mid-Atlantic Stares when the daily high starts to creep up...from 42F to 43F...not much of a change, but it's the beginning ! Today is very cold: 31F is our high, and was down to 20F last night,,,brrrr indeed! Worry about Onyx out in the cold, but she arrived promptly for both warm meals. Have lots of garden catalogues on hand and am going to look through them tonight and start ordering seeds, etc.....think Spring !!! Have a good evening, all!