Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #11

Re: Cat tax

I would not risk Jeyes Fluid either...you can get a spray bottle of "get off" from the pet ship, just spray on the grass and that will stop them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #12

I certainly wouldn't risk using Jeyes fluid either.

I really don't see how a 'cat tax' would work be better if there weren't so many strays and people would neuter their cats. Cats are independent creatures and owners really have no control where they poo, unlike dog owners and I see plenty of that around! I always pick up after our dogs and provide 2 litter trays for the cats, but I know they still go outside as I find it in my garden, may be others' cats though. Not a nice problem I appreciate, especially as you have a toddler, but not sure what you are hoping can be done?

Cats owned: NA
starling is Male
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #13

Thanks for the many suggestions given in reply to my post. I will certainly give some a try, perhaps the plant.

The electronic cat scarer I currently have is actually very effective, but the batteries cost so much, and I do curse inwardly each time I buy some and consider that I am paying for the negative side effects of someone else's lifestyle choices. I do appreciate, though, the impracticalities of controlling cat behaviour, they are very independent. Perhaps it is wrong to blame the owners.

I am interested in the idea that perhaps it is foxes, we do get a lot in this area.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling
I am interested in the idea that perhaps it is foxes, we do get a lot in this area.
I was just about to say something more about that. Cats tend to bury their poop in flower beds etc rather than smack bang in the middle of a lawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #15

My Mum had foxes in her garden summer before last and they always went right in the middle of the lawn. She too used to scoop it up and antibac spray the area so my (then) toddler didn't pick up anything nasty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #16

I too was more inclined to think foxes, even more so now that you've mentioned you do have them. My cats have always been indoors, but when out on harnesses always chose flower beds or suchlike to "go", never lawns.