Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #11

Re: Can you guess the good news???

as she's sitting on my knees, consider her duly hugged Charlie lol!

Thanks all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #12

Brilliant news Alex, hope it all goes well for her xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #13

What excellent excellent news..... .......really really pleased......excellent news

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #14

Are you pleased then Kazz lol!!!! I know how you feel though, she seems to be doing so well and her coat has gone really soft and fluffy too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #15

What brilliant news! Made my day, Alex...woohoo!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #16

This is such good news - I'm sitting here with a big grin. Fingers crossed that it stays as good or, even better, improves.
It's sooo like Katie's cat - getting older/stronger/whatever seemed to allow him to 'grow away from' the problem. He's never had a relapse.
Fingers crossed that Porsha may go the same way (and if the relatively small Catsey community knows of 3 cases, shouldn't vets be more aware and counsel the 'in the absence of any specific cause, treat the cat with tlc and see if it will get better naturally in time' approach?)

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #17

I'm so pleased that I have cheered a large number of people up lol! I quite agree with you DM! Too many vets don't seem to have the time to be bothered with a 'problem' cat when the don't know whats wrong and either keep them on unnecessary medication or have them pts!

I have everything crossed for Fran and Porsha too! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #18

Thanks DM & Alex, well after the last bout (when I was feeling desperate about it all) there hasn't been any further episodes (touch wood ) Her poos are never 'normal' always very soft but at least the incontinence of liquid faeces has stopped. I have withdrawn all food except Royal Canin biscuits and occasional supercat biscuits, she is miffed that she no longer has wet food and I feel mean feeding the others wet food whilst not allowing her any but I do think keeping her bowels to the same regime every day helps keep her 'normal' So all raw feeding has stopped, no sardines, tuna, no tinned cat meat, Natures Menu no nothing and she is very annoyed about this

I hope it's onwards and upwards for both of us now Alex. I personally cant' rest, I'm always waiting for the next episode. I can't identify a trigger, the episodes just seem to come out of nowhere

I really hope that little Teddie has seen the last of her troubles now Alex and that big corner has been turned and she can start to enjoy a life free of tummy troubles x

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #19

It's very strange how Porsha can be ok on the biscuits while Teddie can't, but can't take the wet food while Teddie can!!! I know what you mean about not resting though Fran. I think there is a good chance I'll be checking on Teddies litter tray deposits for a very long time to come, and while I'm so chuffed about how well she is doing just now. I know it could all change with her tomorrow.

I second your sentiments wholheartedly about onwards and upwards though. Here's very much hoping! ((hugs))

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
26-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #20

Alex ... that is fantastic news am so glad that things are going well for Teddie xxxx