Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread: Friday..

No, Angie, it's not; this is most unusual and the coldest in years! Especially after our recent mild Winters. Global warming, where are you? Just checked the weather before coming here, and wind chill is "up" to -13......

Inauguration Day will be a bit better as forecast now...just above freezing and sunny. Historic or not, I'm staying home watching on TV!

Here's a link to my WeatherBug page, if you're interested. I left it in Celsius, you can switch to Fahrenheit if you prefer that. I use Celsius here since that's what most people use.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/DC/Was...=Z5393&units=1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #12

Thanks for that link Eileen. I am sure our weather has been colder this year too. I will look and see if I can find a site with comparisons. As you say, so much for global warming - although there is a scary thought that if the Gulf Stream changes its course, it will actually get much colder in the UK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #13

What largish city or town are you near? I believe WeatherBug does UK weather also, I looked up something there a few years ago and had the devil of a time getting it back to my page!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #14

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/index.html

This is an interesting site from UK perspective. It does also include World weather but I need to look at the information more closely as I have only just come across it. On a brief glance it seems that our temperatures here in Southern England are in fact only 1 lower than average, but it has been the coldest winter since the mid 1990s.