Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #11

Re: cheeky e-bayer...

Never bought on e-bay, wouldn't have a clue how too, but that just sounds wrong to me!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
13-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Never bought on e-bay, wouldn't have a clue how too, but that just sounds wrong to me!!
It's quite addictive once you get into it. I've never bought anything big from there, only a few bits, usually for the cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #13

hope you get your item, but I wouldnt bank on ebay doing anything, theyre RUBBISH at enforcing thier rules.
For example I saw a seller the other day with a rating over a thousand BUT when I looked into her profile saw she had over 65 negatives, all sying the items were damaged, dirty, never arrived etc. Why ebay let people like that sell i dont know.

And you might remember last year I won a sheepskin rug for £35, BUY IT NOW after i brought it now the seller emails me to say she wont sell the rug under £350 that she missed the zero off the end. I politely remineded her that there are several chances for her to check her listing.

anyway, to cut an already long post shorter ebay replied to me saying " we can't force our sellers to send you thier items"

so I hope you have better luck.
I dont use ebay anymore, it has become full of people trying to rip you off, like charging 5.99 postage on a shirt and daft things like that.

I lost £60 once too, paid for an electric swing when i was last pregnant, never got it, ebay did nothing, police werent interested. Lost all faith in ebay recently to be honest.

BUt I do hope you get you're item, that's jsut not on to email like that, as you say why start bidding so low

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #14

Sorry to hear you lost your money CJ.
I think the most I've spend in one item is £8. Oh yeah except there was the catnip mice lady, who gives her profits to CP so I did send her £15 for a surprise selection of mice, but all the other things I buy are usually only a few quid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #15

I LOVE eBay and (touch wood) have never had any problems with any of the sellers or buyers on there. I do sell stuff on there too.

I agree with the others, that if the auction ends and you have won at £1.50 - she has to sell at that price.

Do you use Paypal to purchase Smudgley? If you do, then at least you have some protection with them. I know that they have a good process for dealing with disputes even if eBay don't!!

Good luck!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #16

I've bought some quite expensive things on ebay, I paid over £800 for one item but touch wood I have never really had any problems. I will only buy from sellers with 100% feedback or at least almost £100% and if they have had a negative, I always read the comment and make my decision whether to buy from them or not. I think I probably have just been lucky so far...but I do know of people that have had problems and I am increasingly more aware when buying now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I've bought some quite expensive things on ebay, I paid over £800 for one item but touch wood I have never really had any problems. I will only buy from sellers with 100% feedback or at least almost £100% and if they have had a negative, I always read the comment and make my decision whether to buy from them or not. I think I probably have just been lucky so far...but I do know of people that have had problems and I am increasingly more aware when buying now.
£800!!! Good grief Fran!!!!!!

My biggest eBay transaction was when I bought my old car on there for £1200.00!!!!! Then I drove it until it died and sold it on eBay for spares and/or repairs for £350.00!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #18

we are selling on ebay, and we are having trouble with pay pal.so this buyer has tried to pay by pay pal, so we refused the money, and sent him a POLITE email explaining it, well its obious he didnt read his email, cause we got a snotty email saying ive paid now i want my goods!!! (read your emails pal!!)
cant stand rude ppl. if he gets worse ill just take the jacket down the charity shop n give it to them. to be honest wont be using ebay again, the fees are crippling.

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
I LOVE eBay and (touch wood) have never had any problems with any of the sellers or buyers on there. I do sell stuff on there too.

I agree with the others, that if the auction ends and you have won at £1.50 - she has to sell at that price.

Do you use Paypal to purchase Smudgley? If you do, then at least you have some protection with them. I know that they have a good process for dealing with disputes even if eBay don't!!

Good luck!!!

No I don't use paypal. Don't have a paypal account. I only send cheques, as it only ever for a few quid, I take the chance of loosing it. This would be cash on collection though.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
13-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #20

I have tried to run a business on ebay and I have also been done a few time so noe only use people with 100% feedback.