Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #11

Re: Watermelon Wednesday

Hi all, thanks for your good wishes and because of all those positive vibes I expect, Monty was reasonably behaved at training class and we all had a positive time.

May have something to do with the fact that since last Thursday (so a week) we have restricted Monty's exercise to half an hour mainly off lead in the morning and half an hour on lead in the evening so he doesn't get too tired. We have also tried very hard to get him to take around an hour and a half in his crate after lunch so he does get a rest without feeling he has to follow us around. So maybe a less tired/stressed puppy?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi all, thanks for your good wishes and because of all those positive vibes I expect, Monty was reasonably behaved at training class and we all had a positive time.

May have something to do with the fact that since last Thursday (so a week) we have restricted Monty's exercise to half an hour mainly off lead in the morning and half an hour on lead in the evening so he doesn't get too tired. We have also tried very hard to get him to take around an hour and a half in his crate after lunch so he does get a rest without feeling he has to follow us around. So maybe a less tired/stressed puppy?
I dont know if this helps or not Angie but I was always told that a puppy should be excesised for 5 minutes per month of its life. So if pup was 6 months old, excercise would be half an hour.
Glad he was better behaved tonight, I suspect the resting has probably helped. Puppy classes should be fun and light hearted. I loved goign to puppy class, even when Rayne was a little ******.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
13-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #13

Evening all, just finished cutting the grass all 3 acres and have tired doggies they have been outside for 10 hours playing ball and helping Daddy move all the grass cuttings in to our rather large compost heap in the woods

have to say we haven't done puppy classes with any of our 3 Border Collies, Sky is 4 and his brain connected at age 3 exactly and he walks off lead all the time and is a joy, then we have Sunny who is 2 and a half and is nearly there his recall is good but away from home he is on a lead and finally bring up the rear is Mistral at 16 weeks he can't keep up with his brothers but does try

All are happy and non barky dogs and when not at home are so well behaved its scarey at home they are like hooligans and add in the Clan cats and its chaos but the cats love the dogs expecially our ferals

has been a wonderful sunny day here and we are slighly red but hopefully all will sleep well tonight

Just so folks know we have Caspurr Raggie and he id fitting in very well and loves the 2 tamed down feral terrorists Kali and Sherbert and has met all the cats and is coping really well, we are off to speak to our vets about dead vaccine next week when OH goes back to work and will get that done - all our mob are injected so are no risk to Caspurr of the Clan cats