Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #11

Re: Lucky isn't eating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Also something to consider is that I believe the steriod tablets might have increased her hunger therefore as she is now no longer on them perhaps her appetite has just gone into a bit of a low.

I would get her back to the vets.
Yeah the steroids did increase her apetite but she has been off them a little while now. The not eating episode has been just over the last couple of days or so. Think I will just get her checked over tomorrow....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #12

I hope she picks up soon Fran,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #13

You tight woman get out there and buy her ham off the bone.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
11-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #14

Yep good idea, see what the Vet says, as you say the steroids can be kept up with and at her age, long term effects wont be that much of an issue and if she eats more with the steroids, she will feel better too. Good luck.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Yep good idea, see what the Vet says, as you say the steroids can be kept up with and at her age, long term effects wont be that much of an issue and if she eats more with the steroids, she will feel better too. Good luck.
Dawn.
It's such a fight getting the tablets down her though I can get them down her but it is so stressful for her it just doesn't seem fair. Wonder if the steroid jabs have the same effect...increasing appetite??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
11-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #16

Poor little thing. I hope she feels more like eating tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #17

Thanks all...I suppose at 18 she has the right to decide she is off her food for a couple of days but I do worry about her. She is my soulmate and love her with my life

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #18

Fran, just a thought but at her age have you checked in her mouth to see if any of her teeth are loose. That would cause her pain when she ate and therefore would put her off even if she is hungry, as she seems to be. At her age though I would get her to the vets anyway. Good luck and let us know how she is.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
12-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #19

I hope shes feeling a wee bit better today - its so worrying when they aren't feeling right - I agree with the others I would make an appointment at the vets.

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #20

Thanks all, yes she had a full MOT at the vets just a few weeks ago and her teeth are remarkably well for her age. All her blood work was normal, no sign of kidney failure, diabetes or anything come to that!! In fact the vet was astounded just how well she was for her age

Well the good news is that the ham she had last night must have kick started her appetite again. She has mangaed some cat food during the night, albeit mainly the jelly rather than the meat I think she must have heard the words VET mentioned and thought no way!! I better eat. (She has only been to the vet a handful of times in her life lime and most of thoses were for vaccination...she was really stressed out going the last couple of times just recently). Anyhow I am going to give her some cooked chicken this morning and see how she goes. If she doesn't eat the chicken then we are off to the vets...will let you know how she gets on