Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #131

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

Bless her, she is looking well! Hope she continues to recover well. I'm sure she will adapt easier and quicker than you think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #132

She's doing just fine!
Dawn.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
28-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #133

She had a poo at teatime last night, and has shown more interest in food since!! Still not eating loads, but that is obvious with cage rest.
Elaine - the vet was going to give me a laxative when I picked her up, but I told her I had Katalax, so it was done under her suggestion. Wont worry about giving her any more unless she hasn't pooed again by tomorrow though!!
She is still doing really well, I am so surprised at just how well she is adapting - I put her on the quilt in front of the cage (slept on the floor Thurs night, and left it there as my floor is hard and wanted soemthing comfy to sit on!!) in between my legs while we watched a film, and seh seemed really happy - in fact she didnt' want to go back in the cage!! Might carry her upstairs after she has been checked by the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #134

Thats a weight off her mind! Onwards and upwards from now on.
dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #135

I'm glad she's continuing to improve a a great rate!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #136

She has just had another poo - and didn't have to have laxatives for this one, so I am so incredibly pleased, I think things are looking really positive. Hard to believe that this time last week the vet had agreed that we had to do the amputation, and that I was just waiting to hear if it would be on the Tues or not. I am sure the vet will be really pleased with her tomorrow.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #137

Pleased to hear everything is going well BT!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: George - Black DSH w/ red & brown
18-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #138

Hi everyone, this is a bit of a shot in the dark as I know your posts were posted in 2006.

Im in a complete dilemma with my cat George
He has been poorly for some time with his toe, he first started to limp so took him to the vets but they had no idea what it was (thought it was infected) so squeezed it and some puss came out. Sent him home & he was ok for about 2 weeks, however, he started limping again so took him back, they did an x-ray and nothing came up. Adivsed me taking the toe was the best thing to do so said yes!
He recovered really well from having his toe off, became an absolute pig with his food (as hes always been quiet skinny)
We didnt get any answers from the lab as they had no idea what was going on with his toe (the vet found a 'mass' when she removed his toe) - it was either cancer, gout or a fungal infection.
But, he then went off his food about 2 weeks later and started limping again, this time not putting his leg on the ground. I was devastated.
The vet x-rayed his leg again and couldnt see anything, she asked me if I wanted him put to sleep :'( I said no! cause I had no 'real' reason to and hes not even 2 yet!!

She gave him painkillers but once he finished them he started limping again and his next toe along is swollen so took him to the vets yesterday and she said whatever it is has spread and Ive only got 2 options...take his right hind leg and stop whatever it is spreading or put him to sleep.

I love my cat too much to put him to sleep but I also dont want him to suffer!! But the vet said because he is so young she knows he will be able to cope...he is also basically a house cat and we live in a very quiet area with few cars (which he hates anyway) so even when he is outside I dont really have to worry.

It would just really put my mind to rest if someone could let me know how their cat has reacted to having his/her leg amputated. I dont want him to be confused or hate me for it. I just want to know he will cope. Ive got him booked in on monday to have it done (4 days away).

The vet did say to me she wouldnt have suggested it if she thought he wouldnt cope as she said 99.9% of cats do fully cope after.

Thanks in advance for any reply and sorry about the long post.

Abby x