Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #121

Re: Winston

hope it all goes okay this morning Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #122

Elaine - not sure what to say only I hope and pray that Winston picks up again soon.

Or could the antibiotics be suppressing his appetite do you think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #123

Just back from the vets. Will be saying my goodbyes AGAIN this weekend unless a miracle happens which is unlikely. Vet thinks there is something else going on here but cannt find anything obvious. So we have decided to prepare for the worst. Winston has been given a steroid injection, an apetite stimulant and I have a solution to put into his water to give him glucose and replace elecrolytes. Sadly it is a fact that so many crf cats die with something completely unrelated to their kidney issues. Will be keeping him comfortable this weekend, his party is cancelled as its no longer important or relevant. Its just his time

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tortie
31-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Just back from the vets. Will be saying my goodbyes AGAIN this weekend unless a miracle happens which is unlikely. Vet thinks there is something else going on here but cannt find anything obvious. So we have decided to prepare for the worst. Winston has been given a steroid injection, an apetite stimulant and I have a solution to put into his water to give him glucose and replace elecrolytes. Sadly it is a fact that so many crf cats die with something completely unrelated to their kidney issues. Will be keeping him comfortable this weekend, his party is cancelled as its no longer important or relevant. Its just his time
Oh no, im so sorry to hear this... Chin up, keep praying!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
31-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #125

I am so sorry to hear this Elaine, I did hope that you would get lots of time with him. Have everything crossed for a miracle for the pair of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
31-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #126

{{{Hugs Elaine}}} Having been through this very recently myself, I know some of what you are feeling right now

Thinking of you and Winston x x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #127

I have had 21 glorious years with the old boy, what more can i ask of him. He has been the perfect companion. I hope Eva and Bernie will spen as many happy years with me as the old boy has.
No more hugs for me please as they only make me cry but winston can have as many hugs as anyone cares to give him, coz he deserves them all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #128

So very sorry to hear this Elaine, Winston has been a loving companion to you for all these years and I know you will want to do what is best for him.

Thinking of you....and special ((((hugs)))) for Winston...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
31-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #129

I'm so sorry to hear this Elaine, it's always so difficult when you love them so much. Lots of snuggles for Winston. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
31-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #130

Oh Elaine...

Just remember... You've been lucky to have him for so many years, but Winston's been lucky to have you, too. Big gentle cuddles to him.