Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #121

Re: Starting low carb eating again, anybody want to join me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
now your talking. that's much more me.

I can tolerate black coffee & I'll try & drink it & see how I go.

Do I like cheese? Do I like cheese?.............. me could live on cheese & chocolate.

So tomorrow I'm up & out early as I have a meeting on a Thursday, so won't be able to eat brekkie. I'll take 2 tomates & some lettuce & celery with some cheese for lunch (how much cheese can I have?) as much as you like

For tea, I'll have a chicken breast with cauli & broccoli. Got a meeting at school at 5pm & it's my dauhters birthday, but this should work ok. excellent

i'll drink lots of water during the day & I've only got one visit to do & I never get offered a drink there anyway, so no need to worry about milk.

Does that sound ok?
Sounds very good to me Smudgley

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #122

As much cheese as I like, are you serious? Wow - I like low carbing.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #123

Just checked my Atkins book and they recommend no more than 4oz of cheese, but I have eaten more than that some days without any problem, as a general rule 1oz cheese = 1g of carbs as Donna previously mentioned you should be trying to make sure you eat 20g of carbs or less.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #124

Quote:
As much cheese as I like, are you serious? Wow - I like low carbing.
Certainly am, I ate a kilo of cheese over christmas when I was low carbing and put on 1lbs so I don't think that it really has much effect, you just need to be sensible, but I think over a short period of time as your hunger decreases you would naturally crave less cheese.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #125

4oz is quite a lot of cheese.

I've been on a diet a few times, but I have only ever tried one specific diet & on that one I am allowed 1oz cheese per day. So 4oz seems loads.

I get quite excited & can get motivated & I think the fact that I've never done this before means I will be more detemined to succeed. I do lead a hectic life as you know & it's very easy to use that for an excuse for snacking, but with a little thought & preperation, even the busiest person can cope.

I'm excited! Not sure if I will post my weight, but I will keep posting how much I'm loosing (or gaining)

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #126

Herbs and spices you can have as much as you like, some people say that Cinnamon speeds up the metabolism and is quite nice stirred into some mascapone (sp) cheese.

When I first started low carbing I bought packets of that string cheese to eat as snacks or those baby bells

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Herbs and spices you can have as much as you like, some people say that Cinnamon speeds up the metabolism and is quite nice stirred into some mascapone (sp) cheese.

When I first started low carbing I bought packets of that string cheese to eat as snacks or those baby bells

herbs & spices - yuk.

cheese - yum.

can i ever eat bread or pots?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #128

Smudgley, I lo-carbed two years ago.....started in January and by August had lost one and a half stone. It really does work, in fact it's the only diet that ever worked for me! I have to get the motivation to start again and following this thread I may try!!

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #129

Quote:
4oz is quite a lot of cheese.

I've been on a diet a few times, but I have only ever tried one specific diet & on that one I am allowed 1oz cheese per day. So 4oz seems loads.

I get quite excited & can get motivated & I think the fact that I've never done this before means I will be more detemined to succeed. I do lead a hectic life as you know & it's very easy to use that for an excuse for snacking, but with a little thought & preperation, even the busiest person can cope.

I'm excited! Not sure if I will post my weight, but I will keep posting how much I'm loosing (or gaining)
Doesn't matter if you are 20 stone or 10 Smudgley, it is the losing of the weight that matters, IF it makes you unhappy and you want to lose it, that is what you need to focus on, not the actual figure you are at the moment. With strict low carbing you will lose a lot of weight in the first two weeks, as me and Donna seem to be (average of 5lbs a week or more) then you can keep to that if you want to, or start slowing down the weight loss by adding more higher carb veg and fruit to your eating, eventually you will find the correct level of carbs that your body will tolerate before you start putting on weight. Although a lot of people dislike Atkins and low carbing if they actually read the books, they make a LOT of sense. What is more healthier than just eating protein and veg/fruit??

I personally think low carbing is a very easy way to losing weight, you do not have to pay for prepared (read full of rubbish) meals as they are all, mostly simple foods. Most meals are very easy to prepare, and lot of recipes can be low carbed

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #130

Quote:

herbs & spices - yuk.

cheese - yum.

can i ever eat bread or pots?
When you are happy that you have lost the weight that you want to, then yes you can eat bread and potatoes, but it might be that your carb threshold is say 50g per day and that would mean for example that for potatoes it would only be half a jacket you could eat in a day. Every body is different, your carb threshold could be quite high but until you stop losing weight and start reintroducing certain foods back into what you eat you will not know. But you might be able to have a jacket potato once a week or potatoes with a Sunday roast only.

Also some foods will give you terrible hunger cravings, bread is a bad trigger for me, once I start eating it I crave sugar like a mad person.

One thing you do want to do once you have lost the weight, is to make sure you do not go back to eating the way which made you put on the weight, because it will only come back.